MTN Black Friday Discussions

Ryansr

Expert Member
Wish that MTN can improve their after sales support before I would ever try to take out any deal from them; they are still sending me sms messages about a deal I took with them through Mondo but then canceled within the cancelation period.

djbrendan

Expert Member
I'm on the line now with retentions, she's "compiling " my package with the Note10 (non + ) with the sky package at R499. But it will be shipped and not in-store. Still holding the line now..
As well, you'll pay penalties if you do an early upgrade with sim only, the bill you for the rest of the devices term. Taking a device with the early upgrade will wave the penalty fee.

Another thing is, you need to be at least on month 20 of the contract ( 19 or 20 not sure ) to qualify for early upgrades.

Been with MTN for 11 years, 8 years i've always had accounts of R800-1000 per month. So i'm trying to use this to leverage or let's say force their hand.

Just wish i can rather go pick it up.

Oky, so call is finished, they can only deliver as they are doing this as a online deal and not in-store. They've apparently got it approved. Note 10 in Aura glow with the sky lite package at R499= R1299 pm.

Will be delivered latest coming Friday.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Yuu

alqassam

Expert Member
I'm on the line now with retentions, she's "compiling " my package with the Note10 (non + ) with the sky package at R499. But it will be shipped and not in-store. Still holding the line now..
As well, you'll pay penalties if you do an early upgrade with sim only, the bill you for the rest of the devices term. Taking a device with the early upgrade will wave the penalty fee.

Been with MTN for 11 years, 8 years i've always had accounts of R800-1000 per month. So i'm trying to use this to leverage or let's say force their hand.
What's the total cost pm.incl device?

Messugga

Honorary Master
Right, so no migration to promos. Took out the contract anyway and will see about cancelling my existing contract on Monday when retentions are open again. Will see what I can manage with them.

djbrendan

Expert Member
Right, so no migration to promos. Took out the contract anyway and will see about cancelling my existing contract on Monday when retentions are open again. Will see what I can manage with them.
No migration no, but early updates ONLY on certain exceptions it seems.

Retentions are open. But i think sales team only send you trough for certain arrangements

djbrendan

Expert Member
Just got the sms

Your MTN application for an Upgrade has been approved and upgraded. :D yay me!

Got to admit, the lady really went out of her way to help and she didn't want me to miss out on the deal, she struggled to find the deal i want, but i guided her on the website to see which device.

She then confirmed the price is R1299 pm

djbrendan

Expert Member
Managed to score this as well. I threatened to cancel and was finally offered this.
I went with the, i'm a loyal client for 11 year route.

My package has just moved to the sky package. Just check, data is pro rata at 9GB at the moment.

Device is being shipped from where ever.

This_isKat

Just got the sms

Your MTN application for an Upgrade has been approved and upgraded. :D yay me!

Got to admit, the lady really went out of her way to help and she didn't want me to miss out on the deal, she struggled to find the deal i want, but i guided her on the website to see which device.

She then confirmed the price is R1299 pm
Was this on the Note 10 + or the normal normal Note 10? I see the Note 10+ on the Sky package is currently advertised at R1399 pm. I was offered the iPhone 11 Pro 256GB on the Sky package at R1599 pm - this is a good deal compared to what everyone else is offering but I think I can squeeze them a bit further so I told the agent that I will call back on Monday when the supervisor is available.

djbrendan

Expert Member
Was this on the Note 10 + or the normal normal Note 10? I see the Note 10+ on the Sky package is currently advertised at R1399 pm. I was offered the iPhone 11 Pro 256GB on the Sky package at R1599 pm - this is a good deal compared to what everyone else is offering but I think I can squeeze them a bit further so I told the agent that I will call back on Monday when the supervisor is available.
The normal note 10, the plus is to big. R1299 on made for me Sky package. Yellotrader price is R1600 or 1700 i think.

Supervisor was there this morning, it's how she got it accepted.