MTN Black Friday Discussions

Stevewarren

Well todays my last day of my contract. Will see what happens tomorrow when the data resets. I couldn't get a straight answer to what exactly would happen.

Mshaikh20846

So I called retentions and was told to phone the upgrades department.... upgrades department said they can only offer deals that are on the monthly catalogue....they said I must call retentions again

MidnightZA

Expert Member
So I called retentions and was told to phone the upgrades department.... upgrades department said they can only offer deals that are on the monthly catalogue....they said I must call retentions again

Typical MTN, they always refer you to the other department. Next time ask to speak to their supervisor.

For the 2018 BF, I called retentions the rep said they dont offer that deal (92gb plus 600min at R250), I asked for the supervisor. Spoke to the guy nicely for a few min then suddenly the rep knew exactly which deal I was talking about.

Reactions: air

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master

yeah so the guy i spoke to said closer to the time they will offer BF clients BF deals that are not on the catalogues or might not even be for new BF customers . it will be tailor made

Aravose

yeah so the guy i spoke to said closer to the time they will offer BF clients BF deals that are not on the catalogues or might not even be for new BF customers . it will be tailor made
And it might not even exist :)

Stevewarren

Makes sense. Two years ago I got a deal through retentions that was much better than the black friday deals of that year.

ebendl

Expert Member
I got this SMS:

1605105396412.png

Clicked through, see these under SIM-only:

1605105474357.png

I must say the My MTNChoice 40GB does look good. Only main question is can one still load extra minutes / bundles on it?

ebendl

Expert Member
I see my wife is still on My Mtnchoice 10GB, and she can definitely get extra mins.

Will see if I can datashare some data over to me.

Archie1

Seems a repeat of 2018 so far. That time I got an email with some (not so great) deals... the good deals came out on BF though.