MTN Black Friday Discussions

ErRoR_nAiK

I just got the sms as well.

Their "deals" are no different from the normal deals for new contracts. Open this link is an incognito windows

ebendl

Expert Member
Yeah thought it looked familiar.

Still R200 for that much data is not bad.

I believe it is valid until 30 Nov, so still some time to wait for BF.

wheeloftrash

Executive Member
I got this SMS:

View attachment 951070

Clicked through, see these under SIM-only:

View attachment 951074

I must say the My MTNChoice 40GB does look good. Only main question is can one still load extra minutes / bundles on it?
I hope that the bf deals aren't like this. Why not just give 120 gigs and allow the user to decide how they will use their data.

shadow_man

Executive Member
Yes you can. I just upgraded to the my choice 80gb. Can add bundles anytime you want.
Can you maybe clarify which bundles? Every time I've asked if I can add voice they say no - airtime only, no voice bundles can be added.

Additionally do they allow number porting (prepaid --> this). Last I checked they also wouldn't let me do that.

Stevewarren

I got my same allocation for this month. Seems the one guy I spoke to was right when he said because my invoice date was the 11th and that the contract ended the 14th I would get my normal allocation.

azbob

Honorary Master
I got my same allocation for this month. Seems the one guy I spoke to was right when he said because my invoice date was the 11th and that the contract ended the 14th I would get my normal allocation.

What’s your bill due though? Mine is higher than normal.

Stevewarren

Bill is now R5000. F**k that noise this better be an error.

It's definitely an error because my normal contact that I use for my phone which isn't a black friday deal and isn't over says R536 already when it's only R310 by the end of the month.

Last edited:

MidnightZA

Expert Member
My app is giving an error now when trying to view the bill only. If I remember correctly 2 years ago before BF they also had system faults

Gamer_ROG1

I am on the 60+60 gig for R299 deal. Suddenly this month the bill is R396. And the outstanding amount is R1865. Anybody else also have a jump in monthly bills? This better be some error.

Sayf777

Expert Member
I am on the 60+60 gig for R299 deal. Suddenly this month the bill is R396. And the outstanding amount is R1865. Anybody else also have a jump in monthly bills? This better be some error.
Yip few posts above your post.