MTN Black Friday Discussions

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
So will we have to wait till the 20th to see if those deals are applicable to new clients as well.. The 80g package was quite cool in that it's offers 120g at R299 for 24 months

shadow_man

Executive Member
So will we have to wait till the 20th to see if those deals are applicable to new clients as well.. The 80g package was quite cool in that it's offers 120g at R299 for 24 months
Do those MyMTN Choice contracts allow for the adding of a voice bundle or airtime?

Stokstert

Executive Member
I have loaded airtime on MTN Choice from 1918 Black Friday, but it does not let me do a voice call. It cuts me off and requests to load airtime. The MTN App shows that airtime is loaded. Any suggestions?

dlevine

I have loaded airtime on MTN Choice from 1918 Black Friday, but it does not let me do a voice call. It cuts me off and requests to load airtime. The MTN App shows that airtime is loaded. Any suggestions?
under limits on mtn app, click allow out of bundle rates to apply for Voice This will allow it to use your bundles then. will sort it out immediately. Same for SMS.

Duke of Hazard

How can we all have differing outstanding amounts of R3k to R5k but are on the same BF
upgrade offer from 2018? It must be a temporary billing error.

I also think Fridays deals are likely going to be like all the other black Friday deals of 2020, normal price or slightly cheaper.

momo235

It seems like many people are having billing issues but mtn is not working to resolve any of it. I have payments that are not reflecting and for almost 2 months nobody can resolve this. Every call goes down the same way and nothing changes.

PS, the new system is pathetic. Only the consultant who opens the query can escalate it. Every consultant opens a new query and after the call it gets closed automatically

Stevewarren

How can we all have differing outstanding amounts of R3k to R5k but are on the same BF
upgrade offer from 2018? It must be a temporary billing error.

I also think Fridays deals are likely going to be like all the other black Friday deals of 2020, normal price or slightly cheaper.
I'm going to give them a call first thing because this has gone on long enough. I've had a disaster of a year financially and to have this hanging over my head is just to much.

I mean I didn't cancel my contract on the last day because I was too worried they would debit my account for the R5000.

Stevewarren

, the new system is pathetic. Only the consultant who opens the query can escalate it. Every consultant opens a new query and after the call it gets closed automatically
Yeah I get a SMS everytime right after the call saying it's been closed.

Duke of Hazard

I'm going to give them a call first thing because this has gone on long enough. I've had a disaster of a year financially and to have this hanging over my head is just to much.

I mean I didn't cancel my contract on the last day because I was too worried they would debit my account for the R5000.
What about upgrading to literally the smallest package they have on a 6 month basis instead of canceling?

Trying to weigh up the costs of being banged with 6 to 8 months of payments in one go VS maybe R59/month.

Thinking from a point of not having given notice 30 days in advance.

Last edited: