MTN Black Friday Discussions

sand_man

Honorary Master
with my 60 + 60 deal i datashare everything there is no limit

i just bought a 2nd sim and added it to the other numbers profile

i also have 3 contracts but the other 2 is with family members
Excellent!! So that's what I'll be doing! 1 sim with a fat data allocation and data share to all the plebs in the family on their prepaid sims....

ejacob25

Wonder what portion of that allocation will be allocated to data share? Should someone with to?

I have 3 BF contracts. Considering converting 2 to prepaid and leave one on contract with 100gb odd data which can be data shared to the other 2 sims... Will top up airtime on the prepaid sims as and when required!!

I just tried to buy a sms bundle for one of my contracted sims! Can't!!! This product is not compatible with your existing bundles! So I was able to buy airtime but not a sms bundle?!!

These chumps have worked out a hundred ways to fleece customers!
According to the consultant only non promotional data can be shared so on the 300gb only 200gb can be shared

Inzaghi007

Received one those "personalized" upgrade offers.
R249 for 100min and 20gb data per month for 36 months.

Mshaikh20846

Wonder what portion of that allocation will be allocated to data share? Should someone with to?

I have 3 BF contracts. Considering converting 2 to prepaid and leave one on contract with 100gb odd data which can be data shared to the other 2 sims... Will top up airtime on the prepaid sims as and when required!!

I just tried to buy a sms bundle for one of my contracted sims! Can't!!! This product is not compatible with your existing bundles! So I was able to buy airtime but not a sms bundle?!!

These chumps have worked out a hundred ways to fleece customers!
No data share according to the mtn champion/loser i spoke to this morning

Soapy_Bubbles

Just got off the phone with them because the same thing happened to me.

They are lodging an invoice dispute as they have made it as though my contract ended, when it never had. They also said that I would pay full amount after contract expiry... which is ridiculous considering there is no notification. Going from paying R299 to R2,500 without warning is a crime!

SPKloppers

I got my personalized deal as follow. It's sim only. Not too convinced as yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201118_164659.jpg
    Screenshot_20201118_164659.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 100

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Just got off the phone with them because the same thing happened to me.

They are lodging an invoice dispute as they have made it as though my contract ended, when it never had. They also said that I would pay full amount after contract expiry... which is ridiculous considering there is no notification. Going from paying R299 to R2,500 without warning is a crime!

this is mtn

they do what they want

so cancel on the day and make sure you got emails to prove it and record the time of call and advisor name and schit

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Not sure about my "personalised" offer.

4 years ago was better - half the data but 100 minutes (and unlimited mtn-to-mtn) for R100 less, and 24 months instead of 36...

1eedf2db1401a35ab40c41ef9068b7ed.jpg

Lostboy

So I was finally able to email my Nov invoice to myself.

My contact ends the 24th I have the 100gb + 100gb for R469

Seems the amounts quoted are out of contract amounts, I'm specifically referring to the big amounts dated 24/11 (contract ends date) - 11/12.

Thing is my debit order date is the 25th, so if I go the 24th and there is some stuff up when cancelling I might be paying these inflated amounts.... I'll be heading to the MTN store tomorrow cancel!!
74c1847f690f3ee1c0034ac4cde477ad.jpg

MSB

apparently you can cancel anytime cause its sim only

and only pay current month and extra month or something which isnt bad at all
Can anyone confirm the one month cancellation?

Also been looking at these sim only contracts, but don't want to commit to a 36 month contract.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Can't understand how they can want a 36 month contract when other isps such as Axxess and afrihost do month to month on their lte.

marioat1

Expert Member
Can't understand how they can want a 36 month contract when other isps such as Axxess and afrihost do month to month on their lte.
Have you seen the complaints on axxess/afriheist?

Mtn retentions is pathetic, billing dept criminal, but the network is stable

sand_man

Honorary Master
As long as you don't continue with your existing contract, your bill will be fine.
I sent retentions/Joshua Wernberg an email a couple of days ago asking for all 3 contracts to be converted to prepaid. He asked why I wasn't waiting for BF deals? I asked about the billing anomaly. Haven't heard from him since..

Duke of Hazard

What's up with trying to trap us with 36 month deals?

I honestly hope they aren't all 36 months come Friday.