MTN Black Friday Discussions

Duke of Hazard

Scratching through the BF deals I noticed the device charges are abnormally high on deals with a Black Friday Plan, the plan itself is only R49 and the device is heavily marked up.

Wouldn't be an issue if you plan to follow the plan through, but you're pretty much stuck with it until the end, else be prepared to pay up a balance of the R22800 Router.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-080024_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-080024_Chrome.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 69

Stevewarren

I have no idea how they worked that out, but it isn't like they went out of their way to shaft people in the process, I went from R299 to R319 and when I upgraded from the mychoice 10gig to mychoice20 gig it is back at R299 again. R19 is peanuts and is reasonable enough, I can live with that.
Didn't bother me either really, just thought I would point it out.

REAPER

Hi Guys

My MTN contract ends on the 23rd and I want to know if it's possible to transfer it to my family member. I want to know if that's possible or will they need to get a new contract?

wizardofid

Executive Member
Scratching through the BF deals I noticed the device charges are abnormally high on deals with a Black Friday Plan, the plan itself is only R49 and the device is heavily marked up.

Wouldn't be an issue if you plan to follow the plan through, but you're pretty much stuck with it until the end, else be prepared to pay up a balance of the R22800 Router.
lol that is a mistake should be the other way around. That router is just over 1k or so have the same router, got one in the beginning of the year when I upgraded. It is a pretty sweet router.

Duke of Hazard

lol that is a mistake should be the other way around. That router is just over 1k or so have the same router, got one in the beginning of the year when I upgraded. It is a pretty sweet router.
I also thought so but all the BF Packages have the same phenomenon

ebendl

Expert Member
These 2 fit into my budget, is there a product code for them, are these through retentions for existing 2018 BF customers.

1.) R99 - 21gb's anytime data, 50 minutes, 50 smses
2.) R199 - 51gb anytime data, 50 minutes, 50 smses

Agreed, these sound like perfect deals for me.

If anybody gets a code for them, please share.

naeem.ally

These 2 fit into my budget, is there a product code for them, are these through retentions for existing 2018 BF customers.

1.) R99 - 21gb's anytime data, 50 minutes, 50 smses
2.) R199 - 51gb anytime data, 50 minutes, 50 smses

How much data is shareable for 1 and 2?

azbob

Honorary Master
Hi guys

I was contacted by MTN regarding the billing issue and they are working on it. There will be a mass fix of the issue. Some of their contact details have been shared here and those people have been inundated by emails. They would really appreciate it if people just held on until next week when the issue is resolved.

I have been assured that the debit orders will not be going off for those amounts.

Duke of Hazard

How does one get hold of Retentions? Is there a specific number to dial?

This whole renewal thing is hanging over my head and I want it to go.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I also thought so but all the BF Packages have the same phenomenon
Like the billing issue effecting 1000's of accounts, a copy and paste approach and it's easy to explain how an error is now applied across the board... if the template you working off contains an error it's replicated every time said template is used...

Gona_G

Hi all, upgraded to the following:

R149 per month offer ...50 sms ...15.5 gb anytime...500mb night...550 min x 36 months..2020991 CT 00019 BF...

I was assisted by Neo Makoti, he's super helpful and actually comes back to you when he says he will.