MTN Black Friday Discussions

PPogba

Just want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed information to this thread. Decided to go for the 15.5gb 550 minutes R149 deal. Would not have known about it had it not been for this thread.
Is this deal for 36months?

JLo Human

Anyone else still sitting with a large amount sitting amount under outstanding amounts?

From R3k previously to about 1,2K now
Mine was also R3,6k for November. Still showing under previous invoices. Although my current bill now says I have a credit of R1700, but that is changing daily. Maybe they are giving a credit to balance the November invoice to what the correct amount must be?

Biks

The question is how many of us are waiting for Friday to see if there are any better deals?
I am waiting, but only because I am on a Business package and hoping that these deals become available to Business customers as well.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Hi. Does anyone know if the mtn 5g data will still work in 4g routers in areas with only 4g coverage?

4g is like 99% of areas where there is good signal

i only know of tableview in CPT with 5g

and thats one small area

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Just want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed information to this thread. Decided to go for the 15.5gb 550 minutes R149 deal. Would not have known about it had it not been for this thread.

everyone should get our own mtn rep @abzob a nice gift

Tech_

My contract expires on the 26th of this month. Outstanding amount is at R259, but the bill is currently at R283..
Previous bills still show R1886 for November.
Having called MTN and asked they confirmed to me that despite what the November bill states on the app they have rectified it and my next debit will be what it has always been but for your own peace of mind call them and make sure.

RVR

Expert Member
Hi. Does anyone know if the mtn 5g data will still work in 4g routers in areas with only 4g coverage?
Also would like to know, i only have 4G coverage here. I have the b315 router so that's no problem.

KevOfGoodHope

Hi ffeng. Do you know the code of the R79 package?
The consultant who assisted me was quite clued up, she knew exactly what I was talking about, so there was no need to quote any code :D

I believe by this time, most of them should be quite familiar on what packages are available for Black Friday.

christsim

I am waiting, but only because I am on a Business package and hoping that these deals become available to Business customers as well.
I'm having the same issue. They keep telling me that it will be loaded the next day, but it never seems to be loaded. I think we need to drop down to consumer, although i'm not quite sure how to do it.

Neo_X

Expert Member
Also suddenly had a datashare issue
(Previously from My MTN choice to My MTN choice ( data only contracts), share wasnt an issue ( think i even managed to share to a prepaid number at a stage)
having changed my share destination to a MTN made for me contract, i was not able to activate datashare to that number on the My MTN Choice.

Switched back to My MTN choice for both simcards now, and will test datashare at a later stage.

I guess the opposite would have been possible as well (both to MTN made for me), but could't make my mind up if i want more minutes or more data

just to clarify, how i understand it. My MTN choice (BF 2016) changed to data only. Made for me XS is the current BFD upgrade deals that has data and minutes included.

can someone maybe confirm if they are able to share from Made for me XS to another Made for me XS?
(retention consultant on the line currently suspected that Made for me XS has a possible limit of only 1GB shareable, which is what made me rather take the safer route back to my MTN Choice)

Gamer_ROG1

The question is how many of us are waiting for Friday to see if there are any better deals?
Honestly don't see anything better coming up on Friday. 2018 voice deals were not that great so don't expect anything in 2020. Plus the ones who have already signed up have a 5 days cool off period to change if anything better does come up

akescpt

Honorary Master
This has been clarified previously in this thread and in other posts.

If it says business, you need to have a registered business.

not strictly accurate. you would be considered 'business' as well if your contract is through your employer.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Mpho just sorted me out. What a legend!
Really happy with these deals.
As long as MTN doesnt pull another fast one and increase contract prices mid term, ill be more than happy paying this price for 36 months for the data and minutes im getting.
I actually tried to get a similar contract last year and the stores said I couldnt upgrade, and now I got an even better deal for the R100 cheaper per month.

SliqRick

Just upgraded with Retentions on this deal:

R199 pm for 36 months - 50GB Anytime (shareable) + 1GB Anytime promo (not shareable) + 50 MIN+ 50 SMSs

Product Code: CT 00020 BF

You can get the same deal at R249 pm for 24 months

uzairb

Mpho just sorted me out. What a legend!
Really happy with these deals.
As long as MTN doesnt pull another fast one and increase contract prices mid term, ill be more than happy paying this price for 36 months for the data and minutes im getting.
I actually tried to get a similar contract last year and the stores said I couldnt upgrade, and now I got an even better deal for the R100 cheaper per month.
What did you manage to get?