MTN Black Friday Discussions

Azimuth

Expert Member
I’ll confirm once 100% done - waiting for some forms.

I’m on Telkom prepaid, porting to MTN contract for the 550 minutes. Telkom is a non event for BF deals.

That’s often the problem - no-one is on the same level *especially* on Black Friday. I’ll confirm once I’ve gone to the next step.

Only today did I get a new subscriber agreement form with a request to also attach my ID.

Still a work in progress...

cenredash

Expert Member
Can cancel anytime as is a sim only contract. Cost to cancel is R499
My deal is 500GB Anytime + 500GB Night Express
Can data share 400GB
There is a penalty with these.
I asked the consultant champion. Its 2x monthly payment plus the outstanding balance for the current month.

DrX

My debit order just went off at R1065 :( Not the R3000 I saw at the beginning but still not the correct value, so much for them fixing it.
Same thing just happened to me. Even confirmed with the retentions agent when I did the upgrades that this would not happen but alas here we are...

airborne

Honorary Master
Same thing just happened to me. Even confirmed with the retentions agent when I did the upgrades that this would not happen but alas here we are...
I did the same thing when I was upgrading but I only pay my bill halfway through the month so hopefully it will all be resolved by then.

FlashSA

Executive Member
My brother in law also has the overbilling. I'm suffering on day 4 no internet on the upgraded BF sim. Grief MTN are k@k

Duke of Hazard

OK so I got billed R1159 instead of my usual R479. I had removed all the bundles and what what and my contract was upgraded before the 23rd when my contract ended.

Anyone still get whacked?

PPogba

It depends on the experience of the operator. I have recorded my online voice application. 1 month cancellation fee + your current months bill.
I got the same reply from the operator that i dealt with. 1months subs as a cancellation fee.

rick9k

Now how do we decrypt logic of the remaining balances are on the app, it really couldn't be more confusing

FlashSA

Executive Member
Another 45min store visit, 5hrs of the sim turned off, FINALLY internet services are back. The line was not registered for the myMTN or internet APN's...

Upgrade still stuck between my 2018 package and the new 2020 one - this issue ongoing.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Can cancel anytime as is a sim only contract. Cost to cancel is R499
My deal is 500GB Anytime + 500GB Night Express
Can data share 400GB
And where'd you get this deal then?

the operator sent me an email saying the deal closed waiting for it to open tomorrow, dont know how that works :unsure:

SinghDude

Chief Sports Analyst
R499 deal done. When does app update data ? still waiting.....over an hour later

• Love
Reactions: Yuu