MTN Black Friday Discussions

Lishen23

My reference was closed without issue being resolved, Does anyone have a screenshot of active Datashare on this Package.

500 + 500 @R499pm for 36 months.... product code 2020991 CT 00024 BF
I've been having this same issue. I've advised guys on this thread to escalate the issue as well so they give it attention but I don't think anyone else has. See the screenshot below from a rep on the MTNs twitter, this was today in the evening.

Screenshot from 2020-12-03 21-43-26.png

hidden

I've been having this same issue. I've advised guys on this thread to escalate the issue as well so they give it attention but I don't think anyone else has. See the screenshot below from a rep on the MTNs twitter, this was today in the evening.

View attachment 966574
Datashare is the main reason I took out this offer :(

uzairb

looks like we are on our own.

View attachment 966578
I have the same package. And also have a problem with the datashare value. If i remember correctly its only sharing about 30gb....
I haven't been able to call in, been too busy.
Any idea what is the correct way to get this reported?

In fact all my renewals are displaying the remaining minutes/data in such a mess. Its almost impossible to understand what is allocated.

hidden

I have the same package. And also have a problem with the datashare value. If i remember correctly its only sharing about 30gb....

In fact all my renewals are displaying the remaining minutes/data in such a mess. Its almost impossible to understand what is allocated.can

In fact all my renewals are displaying the remaining minutes/data in such a mess. Its almost impossible to understand what is allocated.
everything is a mess, can you at least share screen on data share so I can share it with MTN.

This will show them that there is discrepancy.

Leisure Larry

I’ve upgraded 2 lines last week Friday (27/11) @ retentions. Only 1 line has been renewed but no pro rata minutes and data have been loaded.
The 2nd line hasn’t been upgraded as yet. I called in yesterday and tried to renew again and the system says error. Renewal pending.
anyone else experiencing any of this?

Archie1

Also on the 500+500gig. Looking at my balances, I have 73.18GB allocated to my data share. This is coming from the 2018 41gig + 650 minutes package.

Greensnake1

Hey guys also a black friday client from 2016 upgraded to the 500gb plan last week, started to become concerned when I see guys saying they unable to share data under this plan. Im still using my 2018 data under data share at moment uploaded screensshot I have also mailed the chief customer experience officer jacquio@mtn.com regarding this issue waiting for response but if other guys can also mail him so they see this issue is serious cause our old data will not last forever.

Attachments

• IMG_20201204_113132.jpg
    IMG_20201204_113132.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20201204_112833.jpg
    IMG_20201204_112833.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20201204_112439.jpg
    IMG_20201204_112439.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 79

inkos

I phoned yesterday to upgrade my contract. The lady said none of the BF deals can data share (150gb/500gb). I dont know who to believe...
She was also quite quick to cancel my contract instead of trying to keep me as a customer. Very different experience compare to Vodacom and Telkom where they try to offer you different deals to keep their customers.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I phoned yesterday to upgrade my contract. The lady said none of the BF deals can data share (150gb/500gb). I dont know who to believe...
She was also quite quick to cancel my contract instead of trying to keep me as a customer. Very different experience compare to Vodacom and Telkom where they try to offer you different deals to keep their customers.
maybe she was having a bad day. sometimes they get like that, also you just get lucky what kind of assistance you get

airborne

Honorary Master
They also told us in previous years that datashare wasn't allowed, some consultants just suck their thumbs and blab out whatever suits them.

I confirmed that it supported datashare when getting the contract, the lady even confirmed it with her manager, all recorded along with the verbal agreement they will use to enforce the contract.