MTN Black Friday Discussions

MSB

My application is still showing as incomplete with the inbound sales department.
Has anyone got an email address for MTN inbound sales so that I can send them the documents?

TedLasso

Expert Member
I’ve upgraded 2 lines last week Friday (27/11) @ retentions. Only 1 line has been renewed but no pro rata minutes and data have been loaded.
The 2nd line hasn’t been upgraded as yet. I called in yesterday and tried to renew again and the system says error. Renewal pending.
anyone else experiencing any of this?
In the same situation. Think they overloaded. Called yesterday and I am supposed to expect email today

Inviter

For all those who upgraded to the 500+500gb deal, what deal is showing on the app?

Mines showing the MTN 5G Unlimited package and its showing unlimited data. I just hope the consultant never made a mistake as the price for this package is around R1250.

Stevewarren

For all those who upgraded to the 500+500gb deal, what deal is showing on the app?

Mines showing the MTN 5G Unlimited package and its showing unlimited data. I just hope the consultant never made a mistake as the price for this package is around R1250.
Mine shows as a my choice 400GB

X-Gamer

Expert Member
What, currently, are the best deals for new customers? I see there's a R199x24m 20GB+20GB package, SIM Only.

Sayf777

Expert Member
For those who got the R499 with unlimited minutes + data what is your data looking like on the MTN app?

If I ignore my bundles from the previous contract it seems to be 51gb any time data + 11gb night data.

vipermagi

I think they are very serious about retaining previous Black Friday customers , I also got a call asking to upgrade but it was few days after I upgraded so when he accessed the package he said you already upgraded and I had a good laugh
Nobody at cellc advised me to upgrade. Scammers

Inviter

Mtn stuffed up my package. They gave me the Unlimited 5G deal at R499!

No data share and FUP applies of 200GB, throttled at 1Mbps once the fair use has been reached and 200GB Night Express (hard cap).

Did the 500+500 have any fair usage policies? Any throttling?

Last edited:

uzairb

Mtn stuffed up my package. They gave me the Unlimited 5G deal at R499!

No data share and FUP applies of 200GB, throttled at 1Mbps once the fair use has been reached and 200GB Night Express (hard cap).

Did the 500+500 have any fair usage policies? Any throttling?
No fup mentioned to me when I did the R499 500+500gb deal.

Space

Mine shows as a my choice 400GB
showing under My Profile on the app as My MTNChoice 400GB
showing under Data Bundles on the app as My MTN Choice Anytime 5G

on the contract, the full Package name is:
My MTNChoice400GB-36 Months-NEP100GB-ATPR100-ITBL_SIM Only_BF

my current data balance on the app is showing as 527 GB, including data carried over from the old 30 + 30 BF contract

the pro rata data seems to be made up as follows:
Anytime 5G: 173.33 GB
Night 5G: 173.33 GB
Promotional Data: 43.33 GB
-----------------------------------
Total pro rata data: 390 GB

airborne

Honorary Master

my current data balance on the app is showing as 527 GB, including data carried over from the old 30 + 30 BF contract

That's pretty much me as well, still waiting for all the old contract data to expire to see how the datashare works..

It is a My choice contract which is specifically mentioned on the Datashare page as being a compatible product.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member

Will be calling in later to see if I can get this deal. So badly want it!

Biks

Mine also shows 5G Unlimited, with my bill showing as R2140.
The consultant messed up and now refuses to reply to my emails.
I have logged a complaint and escalated a few times, still waiting for a resolution after 1 week

Wasp!

Does anyone understand how the pro rata calculation works for MTN upgrades? My bill doesn’t seem correct.

Shay05

For the 500GB + 500GB. I spoke to the consultant that upgraded my contract. Data share will be available on your next data allocation, it will be 100GB shareable.
Data share isn't currently available as the pro-rata data is seen as promo data.

Stevewarren

That's pretty much me as well, still waiting for all the old contract data to expire to see how the datashare works..

It is a My choice contract which is specifically mentioned on the Datashare page as being a compatible product.
The data share worked on the 100GB but it used that data first even before using the night express data. Hopefully it changes when the data resets on the 11th

silkman

Expert Member
Just received my data sim. How do I check bundles loaded? The app is asking for a phone number. Where do I find this? Delivery document has no cell number. Only puk.
I've put sim in mifi device and Internet is working

JLo Human

Just received my data sim. How do I check bundles loaded? The app is asking for a phone number. Where do I find this? Delivery document has no cell number. Only puk.
I've put sim in mifi device and Internet is working
I connected my wifi with lan cable to my computer and went to the IP address given on the bottom. Got the number there.

BUT, how the heck do you get it to display as a second number under your profile on the app. My main contact number is also the current 15gb 500min one with the home data now the 1tb deal. I don't want to log out every time on the app. Cant get the OTP for the data sim on my phone, have to connect the router every time. Also don't want to do that.

Very clever lady at the call centre said it can't be linked and I have to log out and in every time on the 2 different numbers. Nonsense, saw this working on my fiend's phone. Both contracts in my name. I thought it would show up automatically.