MTN Black Friday Discussions

silkman

Expert Member
I Can't use lan cable. I'm using a mifi device. Why must they make life difficult
Idiots

airborne

Honorary Master
I connected my wifi with lan cable to my computer and went to the IP address given on the bottom. Got the number there.

BUT, how the heck do you get it to display as a second number under your profile on the app. My main contact number is also the current 15gb 500min one with the home data now the 1tb deal. I don't want to log out every time on the app. Cant get the OTP for the data sim on my phone, have to connect the router every time. Also don't want to do that.

Very clever lady at the call centre said it can't be linked and I have to log out and in every time on the 2 different numbers. Nonsense, saw this working on my fiend's phone. Both contracts in my name. I thought it would show up automatically.
It's easy, connect via WiFi to the router with the aim and then open the app, it should auto detect the number in the SIM and show you it's info. Close app and switch off WiFi then reopen the app and you should then see the phone Sims info.

silkman

Expert Member
Tried that. When I open the app it asks me to log in with the number. I can't get past that. Doesn't show any info about sim

airborne

Honorary Master
Tried that. When I open the app it asks me to log in with the number. I can't get past that. Doesn't show any info about sim
You may have to login once on either sim and then it should remember them.

Also worth maybe deleting the app and starting again from scratch.

upup

Executive Member
So I phoned mtn, after I insert the sim into the router, they do not find my number or sim, there I cannot get data now. Must phone them tomorrow during working hours to find out what went wtong

JLo Human

It's easy, connect via WiFi to the router with the aim and then open the app, it should auto detect the number in the SIM and show you it's info. Close app and switch off WiFi then reopen the app and you should then see the phone Sims info.
Thanks, that actually seems to work for me. I did however log in with both numbers at least once using the OTP.

cyrus123

Hi all...I have upgraded to the 150G package. I want to know if unused data rolls over to the next month. If so which data rolls over, the promo or the recurring?

akescpt

Honorary Master
Hi all...I have upgraded to the 150G package. I want to know if unused data rolls over to the next month. If so which data rolls over, the promo or the recurring?

Recurring. Promo just disappears as far as I can see.

I’m not even convinced my recurring data rolls over.

silkman

Expert Member
Called MTN and got the number. Logged in to mifi and got OTP from sms interface. MTN app working now.
Thanks everyone

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
sooooo I got a call from an MTN lady yesterday afternoon, and apparently they have closed the deals because people have been incorrectly billed and incorrect allocation of data etc, she says once it has been resolved and can pinpoint the issue in the system then will they open for new upgrade lines to be done.

as I was really keen on taking this 500gig package

Last edited:

uzairb

sooooo I got a call from an MTN lady yesterday afternoon, and apparently they have closed the deals because people have been incorrectly billed and incorrect allocation of data etc, she says once it has been resolved and can pinpoint the issue in the system then will they open for new lines to be done.

The consultants stories are not aligned. I was told since BF week that the 500+500gb is not available to new customers. It was only available for renewals.

I hope MTN can improve consultants product knowledge and brush up internal communication.

Sadly this may lead to decline in customer satisfaction and thus lead them to shop elsewhere. Especially when it involves incorrect billing and allocations.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
The consultants stories are not aligned. I was told since BF week that the 500+500gb is not available to new customers. It was only available for renewals.

I hope MTN can improve consultants product knowledge and brush up internal communication.

Sadly this may lead to decline in customer satisfaction and thus lead them to shop elsewhere. Especially when it involves incorrect billing and allocations.
I edited my post, I meant new upgrades, it is closed to new customers.

Inzaghi007

sooooo I got a call from an MTN lady yesterday afternoon, and apparently they have closed the deals because people have been incorrectly billed and incorrect allocation of data etc, she says once it has been resolved and can pinpoint the issue in the system then will they open for new upgrade lines to be done.

Yeah I tried changing my contract in the cooling off period and was told the systems are down. On top of that the agent said the deals are ending tomorrow as well.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Yeah I tried changing my contract in the cooling off period and was told the systems are down. On top of that the agent said the deals are ending tomorrow as well.
She had told me the same but said those who have shown interest will be contacted once the system is rectified but no new customers.

She said to me my application was put through long before it ended so I would be fine to be in line for the contract

Rizik

I upgraded to a 2020 BF deal with a P40 lite. But i realised after playing with it for 30mins that i should have gone for a Samsung A51 instead. Does anyone know if it's possible to change phones on the contract?

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I upgraded to a 2020 BF deal with a P40 lite. But i realised after playing with it for 30mins that i should have gone for a Samsung A51 instead. Does anyone know if it's possible to change phones on the contract?
I doubt it... Im a Huawei guy so id prefer the P40 anyways

skyw4lk3r

Think you'll have to sell it and buy the Samsung

Last edited: