MTN Black Friday Discussions

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
It’s been 9 days since Black Friday and I’m still following up every other day. Apparently “deals were closed and only became available again late yesterday”.

My new line applications are apparently now submitted.

you can get BF deals on a new line ?

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
ok... i think its official MTNs systems are trash.. Since i was on sim only deal they apparently fixed the over billing issue to reflect the R399 i would normally pay going forward this month, i saw this on the MTN app with my own eyes the correct amount, but now i see its sitting at R3000 since i upgraded to the black Friday deal two days ago...

i honestly don't even know what to say right now I'm just meh.. i sent my emails so now i wait.

Leisure Larry

Upgraded 3 contracts @ retentions, all good.
The 4th one is driving me insane. Requested upgrade on 27/11, redone on 2/12, redone on 8/12, and now even though it shows full signal strength, I am unable to connect to the net.
The waiting times to get through to a human is :rolleyes:

Inviter

Mine also shows 5G Unlimited, with my bill showing as R2140.
The consultant messed up and now refuses to reply to my emails.
I have logged a complaint and escalated a few times, still waiting for a resolution after 1 week
Now the consultant emails and says that the correct deal code for the 500+500 is: 2020991 CT 00015 BF. And not the 2020991 CT 00024 BF that I asked for.

Did anyone give the 00024 deal code and get the 500+500 deal? I am certain she is mistaken and passing the blame to me.

rodga

Honorary Master
Now the consultant emails and says that the correct deal code for the 500+500 is: 2020991 CT 00015 BF. And not the 2020991 CT 00024 BF that I asked for.

Did anyone give the 00024 deal code and get the 500+500 deal? I am certain she is mistaken and passing the blame to me.
according to the list that was compiled this the deal for that code

R299 - 150GB Anytime Data, 75GB is shareable, 150GB Night Data Product Code: CT00015BF OR R349 x 24

TedLasso

Expert Member
the "Service Champion" (WTF ?) I spoke to yesterday, their new software only allows them to do 1 upgrade at a time per customer so if, like me, you tried to upgrade 2 or more SIM's at the same time most probably only 1 upgrade was activated.

My second upgrade was not showing on the <dreadfully unfriendly> myMTN App and when I held on 30 minutes to query with 135, was told the above and that the second upgrade application was started on Friday, but has been hanging on "Awaiting Approval" ever since.

If you do not chase Retentions to manually do the Submit Application step on any upgrades after the first one, then those subsequent upgrades have the chance of never being completed !

<Edit> waiting time is currently 40 min at Retentions 135 > option 3 > option 2
was helped by a very friendly "service champion" who has to email the retentions person who actually initiated the upgrade to remind her to Finalise the Status of the upgrade. <lifts eyes heavenwards>

So I had to make 3 calls, (last on one Tuesday) and it was active yesterday. My wife called MTN on Tuesday, got the same deal , and she had it active yesterday too (GRR!) :p At least we have some good deals now. Used the savings on our MTN package costs to upgrade the Home Fibre to higher speeds

mh348

Expert Member
Upgraded 3 contracts @ retentions, all good.
The 4th one is driving me insane. Requested upgrade on 27/11, redone on 2/12, redone on 8/12, and now even though it shows full signal strength, I am unable to connect to the net.
The waiting times to get through to a human is :rolleyes:
I had the same issue with 2 of my contracts, as soon as the first upgrade sms came thru I couldn't access the net. It was on a Saturday morning, I tried the call centre but no one could help me, then went back to the store that processed the upgrade and apparently the upgrade went thru on the system, but not on the network, the consultant had to log a ticket and network access was restored on Monday. During this period I could make/receive calls, send sms's but only couldn't access the internet even though the MTN app showed that I had 50+ GB of data.

Last edited:

Leisure Larry

I had the same issue with 2 of my contracts, as soon as the first upgrade sms came thru I couldn't access the net. It was on a Saturday morning, I tried the call centre but no one could help me, then went back to the store that processed the upgrade and apparently the upgrade went thru on the system, but not on the network, the consultant had to log a ticket and network access was restored on Monday. During this period I could make/receive calls, send sms's but only could access the internet even though the MTN app showed that I had 50+ GB of data.
Thanks.

Did the same. Logged a ticket, now I just have to wait.

akescpt

Honorary Master

So is the account the source of the ‘inclusive’. Is the ‘inclusive’ the only amount of data shared?

azbob

Honorary Master
So is the account the source of the ‘inclusive’. Is the ‘inclusive’ the only amount of data shared?

No. 38.93 GB is shared.

The inclusive is supposed to expire today though so will see if it refreshes.