MTN Black Friday Discussions

Leisure Larry

Called call centre this morning - Service "champion" told me MTN Choice 400gb does not have data share options included. Told her I was told it was possible which is the only reason I took the contract out in the first place. She suggested I speak to retentions - Still holding for them for the past 40 mins already.
2 calls this morning approximately 2 hours each call. And still nobody can explain why my sim card ain't connecting to the net. Been over a week now.

eyjey

I received a call this morning from the guy that I upgraded my contract with. He said they know that lots of people are having an issue with data share and it should be resolved by this afternoon.
He did say that he will call me back later once it’s resolved
Any update here? Did he call you back @Zedwhy

FlashSA

Executive Member
2 calls this morning approximately 2 hours each call. And still nobody can explain why my sim card ain't connecting to the net. Been over a week now.
Tell whoever you speak to, that your sim card needs to be re-registered for the mymtn / internet APN.

In my case, if I used the Afrihost APN, internet worked. As soon as I used the mymtn or internet, there was no connection. My guess is your line has lost access to the mtn vanilla APN's.

Cos19

Regarding Data Share, I emailed Nomathemba. I then got an email from Executive Complaints Escalations asking for my number. I then got a call back and was told that there is supposed to be Datashare for the 400GB but they don't know why it is not working. They are going to investigate further and let me know.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Back with the original MTN black Friday deal I managed to have a second SIM card (with a unique number) work off the same package. All these years later and the two SIM cards now share the data and voice minutes of my most recent upgrade. I can't remember what the function is called but some of you guys might want to give this route a go?

airborne

Honorary Master
Back with the original MTN black Friday deal I managed to have a second SIM card (with a unique number) work off the same package. All these years later and the two SIM cards now share the data and voice minutes of my most recent upgrade. I can't remember what the function is called but some of you guys might want to give this route a go?
Dual Sim

eyjey

Regarding Data Share, I emailed Nomathemba. I then got an email from Executive Complaints Escalations asking for my number. I then got a call back and was told that there is supposed to be Datashare for the 400GB but they don't know why it is not working. They are going to investigate further and let me know.
Please let us know too once you have an update, I called 135 and all the agent said was "that's all its saying on the system, I don't know more than what system is showing me" then they were gonna call the supervisor to check and line dropped. didn't feel like calling again. it seemed useless.

Zedwhy123

Same here.
Im currently holding on for retentions hoping they have some feedback for us
Im currently on the line with a lady from retentions and she confirmed with her superiors that we cannot datashare with this years BF deals.

eyjey

Im currently on the line with a lady from retentions and she confirmed with her superiors that we cannot datashare with this years BF deals.
i guess this is now a replacement for my fibre line then. will have to get another contract specifically for datashare.

Hansa123

This is crazy though. We took the contracts based on being able to Datashare. Surely if MTN consultants told us this was possible they should be held to it?

Zedwhy123

This is crazy though. We took the contracts based on being able to Datashare. Surely if MTN consultants told us this was possible they should be held to it?
Exactly. that's the main reason I took the contract.

She did mention that we could use a 'dual sim' however we would need to go into a store or contact customer care.

Lishen23

Yeah I'm not going to accept this. They basically did the contractual agreements telephonically, they stated the terms of the contract verbally. I'm sure they have clauses to protect them from this but I think if we all make enough noise about it, it would be a bad look for them to renege on their agreement.

I think we should keep querying/complaining. It seems the only way they'll deal with this is if it becomes a PR nightmare for them.

Sayf777

Expert Member
There's a switch on the MTN app (not the MyMTN just MTN), does nothing appear for youll when switching on the data share via the app?