MTN Black Friday Discussions

azbob

Honorary Master
I've worked it out I think, we got billed the full R299 because we got the full allocation for November, ie they can't retroactively prorata the data already allocated and then plus the prorata for the upgrade contract data.

Sucks, R299 for data that was barely used then another prorata amount for data that isn't really needed.

So November is the R299 and December is the R499 + Prorata amount which for you is around R350.

I’m trying to figure out whether I got my full 60GB+60GB allocation in November or whether when the new contract came into effect that data fell off. Not that it matters since I’ve barely used any of my data anyway.

airborne

Honorary Master
I’m trying to figure out whether I got my full 60GB+60GB allocation in November or whether when the new contract came into effect that data fell off. Not that it matters since I’ve barely used any of my data anyway.
My 60+60gb data didn't fall away, I'm actually still using it for datashare, I've also barely used my prorata 500gb data and the latest allocation.

I don't actually need 500gb a month but an extra R200 to get 3.33 times the data over the R299 150gb deal is a no brainer. I have got a few people lined up that will contribute to the R499 and I'll add them as a datashare, datashare just needs to work..

Leisure Larry

2 calls this morning approximately 2 hours each call. And still nobody can explain why my sim card ain't connecting to the net. Been over a week now.

This has been an absolute nightmare for me. 8 days and still no connectivity after numerous 2 hour phone calls leading to a dead end with a bill to pay. When I asked to cancel, the MTN idiot, I mean champion says I will pay a penalty.
How do I pay you for something that doesn't work and then you want me to pay a penalty for it when I want to cancel!

Guys please forward email addresses of seniors. I want to email complaints before day 10.

mulen

Good evening
I would like to know if this is the best deal I'm going to get from MTN (see attachment).
I have the P9 lite from the January 2017 Black Friday deal still. Currently on 90GB (50GB day, 40GB night) data and 650mins package.
I need at least 50 minutes and 10gb data per month, and a new device as my P9 Lite is giving me issues. I would like to spend up to R400 pm if possible

Please assist, and thank you.

Attachments

• mtn.jpg
    mtn.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 78

floatpoint

My 60+60gb data didn't fall away, I'm actually still using it for datashare, I've also barely used my prorata 500gb data and the latest allocation.

I don't actually need 500gb a month but an extra R200 to get 3.33 times the data over the R299 150gb deal is a no brainer. I have got a few people lined up that will contribute to the R499 and I'll add them as a datashare, datashare just needs to work..
That was my thinking as well. I guess MTN knows this, which is why Datashare is currently not working. Datashare enabled on such a high data contract makes no sense to them as it would potentially circumvent a new client sign up.

My bill for December is also incorrect. Should be R499 but is R881.57
Definately something buggy with their accounting system. I'm also sitting on R863 for December whereas it should be R499. I dont think this has anything to do with Prorata payments as I already payed R449 in November when I still had the 60+60 for R299 and took out the 500+500 around the 20th of November

Cos19

On Twitter I just got told that all the data provisioned is promo data and therefore cannot be shared. This is bullshit. I share my data to 7 sim cards. Now 7 devices have no data when they're not in wifi range. Only person who can fight this is the person that said that they recorded the call from retentions when upgrading.

tattoo002

500 + 500 @R499pm for 36 months
My contract data refreshes tomorrow, will wait and see if I can Datashare, if not I will upload the contract recording.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
On Twitter I just got told that all the data provisioned is promo data and therefore cannot be shared. This is bullshit. I share my data to 7 sim cards. Now 7 devices have no data when they're not in wifi range. Only person who can fight this is the person that said that they recorded the call from retentions when upgrading.

all calls are recorded in a call centre

airborne

Honorary Master
Did anyone who emailed Jacqui about the datashare issue get a reply?

Is there anyone else we can email?

MidnightZA

Expert Member
how you set this up ?

Get a new sim card, go to a store and ask them to activate dual call. I dont know if any prepaid sim can work or if you need to go get their "special" contract sims

If you look at this thread 4 years ago between 30 Nov 2016 and 9 Dec 2016. You will see the hoops I jumped through to get it activated lol

On a side note, I don't get charged for having the Dual Call service activated. In one of the posts 4 years ago I mentioned there was a charge for it. Seems like they did away with it.

naeem.ally

Get a new sim card, go to a store and ask them to activate dual call. I dont know if any prepaid sim can work or if you need to go get their "special" contract sims

If you look at this thread 4 years ago between 30 Nov 2016 and 9 Dec 2016. You will see the hoops I jumped through to get it activated lol

On a side note, I don't get charged for having the Dual Call service activated. In one of the posts 4 years ago I mentioned there was a charge for it. Seems like they did away with it.

If you thought Data Share is a problem, mentioning dual sim is taboo at the mtn stores.

airborne

Honorary Master

You have to use the R110 odd contract sims for dual SIM.