MTN Black Friday Discussions

tattoo002

Has anybody tried "Dual Call" with the 500gb+500gb package as someone on the thread suggested (can't remember who, and don't feel like scrolling through messages again :X3:)
I phoned and asked about this. Was told that this is for Calls only and data cannot be shared.

tattoo002

Please share if anyone has setup Dual Call.
I went into a MTN store and phoned MTN to setup.
Could not get any assistance. Phoned MTN, the agent told me that Dual Call is for voice only and data cannot be shared.

Data share is not working on my 500 + 500 GB BF deal.
Dual Call will be fine as I just want to share the data on my home LTE router.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
I phoned and asked about this. Was told that this is for Calls only and data cannot be shared.

Please share if anyone has setup Dual Call.
I went into a MTN store and phoned MTN to setup.
Could not get any assistance. Phoned MTN, the agent told me that Dual Call is for voice only and data cannot be shared.

Data share is not working on my 500 + 500 GB BF deal.
Dual Call will be fine as I just want to share the data on my home LTE router.

Maybe just tell them you want it for calls only for a car phone. I have mine active for 4 years now and there is not 1 day I recieved a call on mine

d7e7r7

Executive Member
nomathemba.maphongwane@mtn.com
ebbedeneandrews@mtn.com
ExecutiveComplaint.Escalations@mtn.co.za

If you guys wanna make noise then try these. I've been talking to Ebbedene. She's waiting to get feedback from the Network Technicians.

Next thing to try is if Dual Sim / dual call will let you share data.

I got this:
Message blocked
Your message to ebbedeneandrews@mtn.com has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

Thanks though, the others seem to have worked, will see if it yields anything...

mozammil09

Hi, anyone on here that applied for MTN black friday 100GB any time and got their router/sim?

I've been trying to get hold of them and today the guy I called (087 310 9583) is saying there's no stock of the router and that's why no one has got back to me regarding delivery. Anyone else had that issue?

brianj74

Hi, anyone on here that applied for MTN black friday 100GB any time and got their router/sim?

I've been trying to get hold of them and today the guy I called (087 310 9583) is saying there's no stock of the router and that's why no one has got back to me regarding delivery. Anyone else had that issue?
I got mine delivered from 'the warehouse', took another day and a half to activate the sim. Mine was thru corporate upgrade though...

tattoo002

Maybe just tell them you want it for calls only for a car phone. I have mine active for 4 years now and there is not 1 day I recieved a call on mine
What about data, do the sims use the same wallet for data?
Can you share data across both sims?

MidnightZA

Expert Member
What about data, do the sims use the same wallet for data?
Can you share data across both sims?

Yes. It shares everything. Data, minutes, SMSes

My secondary sim has been in a modem for the past 4 years. It uses the data as if the data were coming off the main sim. ie it uses night surfer data after midnight till 4am and anytime data the rest of the time.

There is 1 downside though. If you have a dual sim, you cant data share the conventional way. There was an issue with both being active at the same time but I cant remember exactly what it was. I posted about it a long time ago in this thread.

Leisure Larry

Anybody signed up for the R299 x 36 months 150GB day + 150GB night deal?
what does the MTN app breakdown look like?
Mine looks like this :
Looks like a totally different package

Attachments

• 581F5D0B-19BA-45DE-9BDD-A53150D6D2F4.jpeg
    581F5D0B-19BA-45DE-9BDD-A53150D6D2F4.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 86
  • C832D84C-D1C1-455E-809F-2E4355BB259A.jpeg
    C832D84C-D1C1-455E-809F-2E4355BB259A.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 82

tattoo002

Yes. It shares everything. Data, minutes, SMSes

My secondary sim has been in a modem for the past 4 years. It uses the data as if the data were coming off the main sim. ie it uses night surfer data after midnight till 4am and anytime data the rest of the time.

There is 1 downside though. If you have a dual sim, you cant data share the conventional way. There was an issue with both being active at the same time but I cant remember exactly what it was. I posted about it a long time ago in this thread.
Thank you for the update. I am burning through MTN agents who know how to do this. I'm on agent no. 5 at the moment.

Zedwhy123

Apparently the 500GB day and 500 night deal is a 5G package and data share is not yet allowed on 5G

phant1m

Apparently my dual SIM feature is blocking the upgrade . Have no idea what's going on.

airborne

Honorary Master
Apparently the 500GB day and 500 night deal is a 5G package and data share is not yet allowed on 5G
That's Bs, no reason for datashare not to be allowed on "5G" packages, it's not a radio tech, it's a backend setting.

Are they now telling you it's never going to happen on these packages?

eyjey

Thank you for the update. I am burning through MTN agents who know how to do this. I'm on agent no. 5 at the moment.
I just spoke to an agent called Tumi. To activate dual sim, she said either go to a store or call during the week and speak to sales dept.

LukeNR

Hi guys. Is anyone that upgraded to the 500gb package, experiencing exceptionally slow internet speeds? As in 1mbs speeds?
Slow speed only started on the 12th when this months data came in

Stevewarren

Hi guys. Is anyone that upgraded to the 500gb package, experiencing exceptionally slow internet speeds? As in 1mbs speeds?
Slow speed only started on the 12th when this months data came in
Mines still running at the normal speed

wardexile

Anybody signed up for the R299 x 36 months 150GB day + 150GB night deal?
what does the MTN app breakdown look like?
Mine looks like this :
Looks like a totally different package
Same here.. Only received 50GB... Package shows it is a 50GB deal which is wrong. Should be 75GB package with added 75GB Promo.