MTN Black Friday Discussions

MidnightZA

Expert Member
How does the data share consumption work?
All my data share data is being used up currently, yet my night data stull has 400GB left and my anytime has 586GB left, but I did stuff over the night and it used all my data share data.

Data share only uses the data share pool. Night data is only used by the main sim.

Only a dual call sim can use the night surfer data. Also, you cant use data share and a dual call sim at the same time

rick9k

Data share only uses the data share pool. Night data is only used by the main sim.

Only a dual call sim can use the night surfer data. Also, you cant use data share and a dual call sim at the same time
So data share is useless then?
If it gets consumed before actual normal bundles then it will always be used up .

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
So data share is useless then?
If it gets consumed before actual normal bundles then it will always be used up .

Not useless for people on non-promo accounts... it's just their way of preventing reselling and keeping their bs high margins up lol

Cos19

Ni
b9e7d9cb1e3862238368b614a1b5d914.jpg

Yep
Nice!

LukeNR

Anyone on the 500gb package tried the dual call sim way to see if data was shared between the 2 sims?

tattoo002

How does the data share consumption work?
All my data share data is being used up currently, yet my night data stull has 400GB left and my anytime has 586GB left, but I did stuff over the night and it used all my data share data.
There is no Data share on this package. (It's broken until end Jan?)
You must be using your old Data share.

Archie1

Does the main sim use the promo data first i.e not from the data share pool first? I guess this is directed at people who have a non 5G data contract with promo data.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Hi guys
So I've been having some issues with my MTN deal.

Please can you guys send screen shots of your apn details you using?
Specifically the 500gig and 100night data package..?

Gamer_ROG1

For the peeps with datashare issues. Has anyone had any feedback from MTN and have they said anything about recompensation for the trouble caused.

tattoo002

Yes, i have been told its the APN..

i honestly have no idea whats going on with this
I have 2 500GB contracts. The first one is super fast. The second one is super slow.
I'm using the same default APN.
What are your speedtest results.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I have 2 500GB contracts. The first one is super fast. The second one is super slow.
I'm using the same default APN.
What are your speedtest results.
Speed test shows great speed, but on PSN its like 1down and 4up.. cant load facebook.. everything else slow

mozammil09

Has anyone on here that's done a new black Friday application gone through mtn direct or has it gone through mondo/rewardsco?