MTN Black Friday Discussions

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Well they won't retroactively remove the remaining data from the old contract and credit you for it so you have to pay the full contract amount for the old and the prorata for the new contract.

Sucks, I wonder if you can tell them you want the contract upgrade to only be active from the beginning of the next allocation which would avoid the prorata charge?

yeah but they could of cancelled the old contract with immediate affect and you lose all the data

happened to me with my mweb contract

so they gave me 70gig day and 70 gig night as i had a TM sim only with them. I applied for fibre. Both was R399 a month

when fibre became active same time the TM sim went dead. i only used few gigs on the TM sim though but they didnt pro rata or anything

I still paid R399 for that month

rodga

Honorary Master
2 lines on my business account was debited @ R618 this weekend (The old amount). It should have been the new amount @ R149 each.

airborne

Honorary Master
yeah but they could of cancelled the old contract with immediate affect and you lose all the data

happened to me with my mweb contract

so they gave me 70gig day and 70 gig night as i had a TM sim only with them. I applied for fibre. Both was R399 a month

when fibre became active same time the TM sim went dead. i only used few gigs on the TM sim though but they didnt pro rata or anything

I still paid R399 for that month
I suppose if they wanted to be nice they could do something similar but consolation prize is they at least rolled the existing data over.

tattoo002

Hi @tattoo002 did you manage to get the dual sim/dual call enabled on your 500gb package?
No seemed like it was going to be an exercise in frustration. I took another 500GB contract.
Will wait to see if datashare works by end of Jan, this is the general timeline for this to be fixed.
Will then just migrate one package to something lower.

So I'm just downloading as much sh*t as I can, I have 2TB to burn through.

Last edited:

uzairb

No seemed like it was going to be an exercise in frustration. I took another 500GB contract.
Will wait to see if datashare works by end of Jan, this is the general timeline for this to be fixed.
Will then just migrate one package to something lower.

So I'm just downloading as much sh*t as I can, I have 2TB to burn through.
Did you manage the get the other 500gb now in Jan on a new contract?

MjK

I did not get any hits in the yellobucks thread.
Any one buy IC vouchers? Are they stackable on a purchase or is it only one code allowed on a purchase?

eyjey

New data bundle loaded on the mtn site. If the 500GB package doesnt get sorted out, I think this is a good alternative. Assuming the 100GB Anytime is shareable.

Screenshot_20210106-213110_Chrome.jpg

Duke of Hazard

Did anyone else get knocked extra this month in their MTN contract? Mine was supposed to be R499 for the 500gb + 500gb and they billed me R780 or so,

I've emailed Ebbedene but I suspect she is on leave as I haven't had a reply.

abzob

Honorary Master
Did anyone else get knocked extra this month in their MTN contract? Mine was supposed to be R499 for the 500gb + 500gb and they billed me R780 or so,

I've emailed Ebbedene but I suspect she is on leave as I haven't had a reply.

Pro Rata for November-December then full amount from December-January.

eyjey

Did anybody upgrade to MTNChoice 400GB package for R299 x 36months? Also a black friday deal.
Just want to confirm if the data can be shared?

curbs2012

Expert Member
Anyone else experience really poor speeds since upgrade? I'm on SIM only deal, for my phone.

I've seen posts showing different APNs, but is that the only change required?

The 2 APNs I see when going to my APN settings are:
MTN GPRS
MTN MMS

I've changed the APN in MTN GPRS from mymtn to internet, but no difference.

Any help please?

dlevine

Anyone else experience really poor speeds since upgrade? I'm on SIM only deal, for my phone.

I've seen posts showing different APNs, but is that the only change required?

The 2 APNs I see when going to my APN settings are:
MTN GPRS
MTN MMS

I've changed the APN in MTN GPRS from mymtn to internet, but no difference.

Any help please?
what do you deem to be poor?.

Bilaal_H31

Hi

Does any one perhaps have any solution or can provide any assistance in regards to the problem below ?

I Renewed My Contract with MTN Retentions Department Last Year on the Black Friday Week

MTN has been Crediting me with the incorrect minutes and data I have contacted MTN Customer Care and they say I need to contact the Retentions Department as it was renewed with Retentions

When I contact the Retentions Department they say they are Escalating the Case And my emails do not get a response I do not end up getting any feedback this has been going on for one month.

I do have proof of the deal that was signed with the MTN agent via email.

Does anyone know of anything else that can be done as this is frustrating and loading airtime ends up costing me more then the contract.