MTN Black Friday Discussions

Archie1

Yes and it also has 500gb night data
Yes so I am wondering what their MTN Choice 500GB package consisted of since that's the base data there and we all seem to have went with MTN Choice 400GB.

I suppose it's pointless in knowing right now since those deals have passed, but just curious to know if we missed out on a better deal :ROFL:

airborne

Honorary Master
Yes so I am wondering what their MTN Choice 500GB package consisted of since that's the base data there and we all seem to have went with MTN Choice 400GB.

I suppose it's pointless in knowing right now since those deals have passed, but just curious to know if we missed out on a better deal :ROFL:
You're probably the same contract but using different names mixed up because I've always called it 500Gb deal but on paper it's called the 400Gb.

Gamer_ROG1

Has anybody had any feedback in regards to the datashare issue. It is getting to end of Jan and no word yet on my side.
Also has anybody got any compensation from MTN

Archie1

You're probably the same contract but using different names mixed up because I've always called it 500Gb deal but on paper it's called the 400Gb.
So if you look at the previous page, there is a screenshot of the BF packages that are affected by the datashare issue. They list the 400GB and 500GB packages separately. There also seems to be a BF 1TB package as well.

airborne

Honorary Master
Has anybody had any feedback in regards to the datashare issue. It is getting to end of Jan and no word yet on my side.
Also has anybody got any compensation from MTN
I emailed them at the beginning of the week and still the same reply that a fix will be implemented at the end of Jan.

Weird thing is my datashare still works fine, I have some data from my old contract that has been rolling over, just I can't datashare the new contracts data.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
I emailed them at the beginning of the week and still the same reply that a fix will be implemented at the end of Jan.

Weird thing is my datashare still works fine, I have some data from my old contract that has been rolling over, just I can't datashare the new contracts data.
It's not working fine then. Everyone has that issue

Azimuth

Expert Member
That’s what we are waiting to see. :)

So I’ve been tracking this for 60 days and it’s been a real shtshow. Incompetence to the nth degree.

Today I made a break through though...unblocked my account, got my main data SIM working again and have 3 new lines queued for a port.

silkman

Expert Member
Did anyone else not receive their promotional data this month? I received my minutes but zero data! This is so frustrating. And the call centre is less efficient that Home Affairs!

amo_g_wanderer

Did anyone else not receive their promotional data this month? I received my minutes but zero data! This is so frustrating. And the call centre is less efficient that Home Affairs!
Got half my data and minutes allocation in Jan, been battling with MTN since. Absolute farce

silkman

Expert Member
Is there a supervisor that can help us? I've tried so many agents it's flippen ridiculous

djbrendan

Expert Member
Quick question,

I signed a black Friday special with mtn on the sky package for R499, back in 2019

Once i upgrade or do sim only after 24months, do they revert me back to the normal pricing ??

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Quick question,

I signed a black Friday special with mtn on the sky package for R499, back in 2019

Once i upgrade or do sim only after 24months, do they revert me back to the normal pricing ??
yea probably will, often alot more than what you pay

abzob

Honorary Master
Looks like datashare won’t be sorted out by the end of January.