MTN Black Friday Discussions

airborne

Honorary Master
Thanks, will email her.

I phoned MTN this morning, they don't see any orders pending on my account. Will probably phone again next week to see if they might have booked it late.

Also phoned Mobiles Plus, they didn't really protest -- just said they would send an email to MTN to cancel it (which sounds fairly useless to me). But they knew about the order etc. so it definitely is them.
What did they actually try do, some kind of pseudo "upgrade" that would supersede your Bf deal?

azbob

Honorary Master
Who did you call? Retentions? I also want to be refunded for the datashare issue. What did you tell them?

I emailed the addresses provided here and they got back to me. Not sure the exact one but complaints@mtn or similar.

Cos19

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it will be fixed. How can they give us an exact date that it will be fixed by, when they're not even sure of the problem. If they said it will be fixed by 9 Feb, they should have been already working on a fix. It's like the date that they give us, is the day that they will try and fix it. And if they don't get it right, they'll just pick another date.

Archie1

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it will be fixed. How can they give us an exact date that it will be fixed by, when they're not even sure of the problem. If they said it will be fixed by 9 Feb, they should have been already working on a fix. It's like the date that they give us, is the day that they will try and fix it. And if they don't get it right, they'll just pick another date.
I doubt MTN will want to continuously credit users 50% every month that this doesn't work.

cenredash

Expert Member

Its like the Project Manager for datashare was asked "When will Datashare be fixed?" So he calculates that he served his resignation papers on 8 January, and he has 30 day notice, so he says 9 February, first day at his new job. "Are you sure 9 February?" "Yep, definitely!"

Mtn sent me an email saying data share is now working, I have checked but it is still not working. This is after I sent an email complaining to them.

Zedwhy123

Good day ,

Please note that I have just to our technical team and they have confirmed that the fix will be deployed on the system tonight at midnight and the service should be working tomorrow.

Kindly notify me when you are able to access the service.

Gamer_ROG1

Good day ,

Please note that I have just to our technical team and they have confirmed that the fix will be deployed on the system tonight at midnight and the service should be working tomorrow.

Kindly notify me when you are able to access the service.
Technically that means they missed the 9th of Feb deadline line too. Lol

LightyBobby

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking the background awaiting info on the same data sharing issue, I have however just received an email confirming that “the fix” will be deployed by technical midnight tonight.

Holding thumbs.