MTN Black Friday Discussions

Primo

Something is definitely up. My data share does not reflect at all right now.

Primo

It's seem like my shareable data drop to 0 all of a sudden. I had like 40GB this afternoon and there's no way the numbers I am sharing with used even 10% of that.

I hope this gets sorted out. They seems to breaking more than fixing

Duke of Hazard

Looks like we got 500GB packages for R249 a month now.

Still doesn't work on my number, the functionality does still work on other numbers though

Cos19

This is unacceptable. This package is basically useless to me. I usually keep the main sim in a router at home, I then share data to myself, both my parents and a router at work. So now when I'm away from home I have to buy data.

ziyaad.jak

Nearly 2 months after "upgrading" to a Black Friday deal, I still have not received any monthly recurring data bundle at all. Been nagging Customer Care and Complaints on a daily basis with no luck. Anyone know what alternative options I have to resolve? Seriously considering cancelling all my contracts with MTN due to the pathetic customer service.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Nearly 2 months after "upgrading" to a Black Friday deal, I still have not received any monthly recurring data bundle at all. Been nagging Customer Care and Complaints on a daily basis with no luck. Anyone know what alternative options I have to resolve? Seriously considering cancelling all my contracts with MTN due to the pathetic customer service.
That Jacqui person mentioned before in this thread. Head of something?

On this side, enjoying the black Friday deals loaded on our Sims. Finding it difficult to use the data (thanks to super fast WiFi at home) haha.

Archie1

Got a response from MTN regarding the data share issue.

The fix was pulled from last night's deployment. They are currently working on it and are hoping to have it sorted tonight, but that's unconfirmed.

Will let you guys know if they get back to me with a new date.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Dear Customer

Please accept my apologies, the data share fix is continuing into today due to some unexpected issues the technicians experienced.

I will keep you updated as I receive feedback on the progress.

My apologies once again and I thank you for your patience and understanding while we implement this fix.

Azimuth

Expert Member
Is it just me or does MTN signal always go down everytime there's load shedding?

Yep. I used to use additional SIMs in our work laptops for failover during load shedding. Nowadays there is zero signal during load shedding so I assume the local base station has no battery backup. All the while, Telkom LTE is perfect throughout load shedding. Go figure...

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Got the same generic response today:

Please accept my apologies, the data share fix is continuing into today due to some unexpected issues the technicians experienced.

I will keep you updated as I receive feedback.

My apologies once again and thank you for your patience and understanding.

uzairb

I requested this issue be escalated to senior management.. was told they are aware and the fix will be ongoing until 16 Feb