MTN Black Friday Discussions

Gamer_ROG1

I requested this issue be escalated to senior management.. was told they are aware and the fix will be ongoing until 16 Feb
Freaking unbelievable. They going to keep stringing us along like this. Not this week, next week etc. Say we get senior management email addresses and make a huge fuss. I specifically took the 400gb deal for a reason

Shay05

I requested this issue be escalated to senior management.. was told they are aware and the fix will be ongoing until 16 Feb
This is unacceptable.
I requested that they either provide 4x 100GB bundles since the issue is with the 400GB 5G bundle, or to provide 100GB shareable data instead of the 50% credit, but i haven't received a response yet.

Cos19

This is unacceptable.
I requested that they either provide 4x 100GB bundles since the issue is with the 400GB 5G bundle, or to provide 100GB shareable data instead of the 50% credit, but i haven't received a response yet.
When I first complained, they tried loading an extra 5gb bundle to my package to see it could be shared and it still didn't work.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
This is unacceptable.

yeah i told them 50gb even as i only needed 50gb to 2 sims ...

but yeah same thing as 100gb shareable

Cos19

We should buy a prepaid sim and then tell them to load 100GB onto that sim in order for us to share until it gets sorted out.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
We should buy a prepaid sim and then tell them to load 100GB onto that sim in order for us to share until it gets sorted out.

told them to do that cause i still have the sim from my previous data share contract

Shay05

Someone from MTN mentioned that I can get "Dual sim for now". I can still data share from the primary number (i.e. The dual sim won't be able to active data share)

Can any one with dual sim confirm that they are still able to data share?

Stokstert

Executive Member
I have a dual SIM with Telkom for voice and MTN for data. I share data to my wife's phone if that is what you asked.

tattoo002

Someone from MTN mentioned that I can get "Dual sim for now". I can still data share from the primary number (i.e. The dual sim won't be able to active data share)

Can any one with dual sim confirm that they are still able to data share?
Good luck asking an MTN agent to activate dual sim for you.

Duke of Hazard

Tried to link the Missus on the 2nd sim for this contract, get this error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210211-182836_MTN.jpg
    Screenshot_20210211-182836_MTN.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 83

rick9k

I just got my new data... but all I got was the 400GB anytime data.
My night bundle is gone, my carry overs.. are gone.., my 100gb promo added is gone WTF

LegionX

I had 550gb anytime,and 400gb night, I know some expire, but I noticed the below.
With new data load, under 800gb, I left my ps to download a game, it ate my promo anytime,not my promo night

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_084851.png
    IMG_20210212_084851.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 49

LegionX

Thinking of setting up a dual calling sim, googled a bit, apparently you go in and buy a prepaid mtn sim, and phone the call center. They will link for you. Has anyone tried this?

Also, once service is active, can I still do data share using my primary sim?

ejacob25

Thinking of setting up a dual calling sim, googled a bit, apparently you go in and buy a prepaid mtn sim, and phone the call center. They will link for you. Has anyone tried this?

Also, once service is active, can I still do data share using my primary sim?
I'm trying to activate dual calling from December, all the service champions seem clueless, I have sent an email to executive complaints but no response

LegionX

I'm trying to activate dual calling from December, all the service champions seem clueless, I have sent an email to executive complaints but no response
Seems about right, they are clueless on most issues.
Have you tried in store?

LegionX

This is the response I got for the data share.
We do apologize for this inconvenience, this is ou tof our control as mentioned before.

The data share fix is continuing into today due to some unexpected issues the technicians experienced.

I will keep you updated as I receive feedback.

My apologies once again and thank you for your patience and understanding.