MTN Black Friday Discussions

cenredash

Expert Member
Error pops up and then toggle remains inactive. No matter how many times it's tried.

i deactivated it, left the app, came back in, tried to reactivate, but the app now says they're doing maintenance, to try later.

Duke of Hazard

So freekin disappointing that it still doesn't work.

Forking out big bucks for the Missus to have Data after I told her to port to MTN so she can use the data share

airborne

Honorary Master
The latest is if you had Dual call on your contract it would prevent datashare being activated.

As far as I can remember I have had a dual call sim since the first BF contract and datashare worked the entire 4yrs flawlessly. Anyway they say I did have a dual call sim and it is now being removed and that my datashare should then work.

Does anyone else with datashare still broken also have a linked dual call sim?

uzairb

The latest is if you had Dual call on your contract it would prevent datashare being activated.

As far as I can remember I have had a dual call sim since the first BF contract and datashare worked the entire 4yrs flawlessly. Anyway they say I did have a dual call sim and it is now being removed and that my datashare should then work.

I am in the exact same boat as you.
Had dual call sim since first bf deal and it has since worked fine with datashare activated and in use as well.
Now this deal has broken that..

It seems MTN have now deactivated my dual call simcard.

I toggled on the datashare option and added a beneficiary for datashare. Looks like we can now share the full daytime data and not just the 100gb... right?
73fec7d6749c63701f30bca959e4224b.jpg
31fe0148a503b17e870a0687aae662eb.jpg

Duke of Hazard

Yes, also have dual call and the Data Share isn't working.

Always had the data share working all this time until it randomly stopped. Why can't they put it back the way it was?

airborne

Honorary Master
I am in the exact same boat as you.
Had dual call sim since first bf deal and it has since worked fine with datashare activated and in use as well.
Now this deal has broken that..

It seems MTN have now deactivated my dual call simcard.

I toggled on the datashare option and added a beneficiary for datashare. Looks like we can now share the full daytime data and not just the 100gb... right?
73fec7d6749c63701f30bca959e4224b.jpg
31fe0148a503b17e870a0687aae662eb.jpg
Mines up and running again!!!!
They also had to disable my previously functional Dual Call sim.

Awesome news, I've had some pretty uptight people that were relying on my datashare
What a relief, it looked like it might drag on for a very long time

Space

MTN call centre agents are now saying that data share is not available on the MTN 400GB because it is a 5G contract.
they had that story in November already, but don't fall for it - or ask them to change you to 4G if you are not in a 5G area anyway

Space

I phoned 135 to try manually activate Datashare and the call centre person said they can't activate datashare because the number is still on the "old system" and datashare can only be activated once it's moved over to the new system.

Anyone else heard of this?
Yes they gave that excuse

This whole pallava started because of MTN's "new system" that went live just before BF2020

Duke of Hazard

Spoke to Roanne this morning who said that 2 Sharing products canoot be used together so you cannot have Dual Call and Datashare at the same time.

Not sure when that changed because I had both working perfectly until it randomly stopped in December

In 2016 I had to disable dual call to activate data share, they said I could not have both at the same time.
Those who had both were lucky I guess.

Duke of Hazard

Heads up to those with Dual Sim,

The second sim becomes unregistered with the network, without any warning.

Datashare does start working again and I am sharing 800GB with the numbers on my list

Primo

Heads up to those with Dual Sim,

The second sim becomes unregistered with the network, without any warning.

Datashare does start working again and I am sharing 800GB with the numbers on my list
Cool so in short before deactivating dual call have a second sim lined up if that's the sim in the home router

Duke of Hazard

Basically yes,

Roanne now says the number I gave her was ported out of MTN, in the 40 mins between asking to deactivate Dual Sim and it going off.

Now need to trek to MTN some time and get a pre paid sim

Zedwhy123

Did anybody on the R499 package (500gb+500gb) ever pick up 5G network?
(obviously area dependent)

Azimuth

Expert Member
So I’ve been tracking this for 60 days and it’s been a real shtshow. Incompetence to the nth degree.

Today I made a break through though...unblocked my account, got my main data SIM working again and have 3 new lines queued for a port.

Tomorrow marks 3 months that I’ve been trying to resolve my Black Friday deals. For the one (data) contract that was upgraded, I still don’t have the free router.

I’ve tried the executive complains route but to no avail. I get a reference number and no-one ever follows up.

How do I go about contacting Jacqui?