MTN Black Friday Discussions

sand_man

Honorary Master
Tomorrow marks 3 months that I’ve been trying to resolve my Black Friday deals. For the one (data) contract that was upgraded, I still don’t have the free router.

I’ve tried the executive complains route but to no avail. I get a reference number and no-one ever follows up.

How do I go about contacting Jacqui?
Mail Ebbedene at Ebbedene.Andrews@mtn.com

You can CC Jacqui at Jacquio@mtn.com

Ebbedene gets stuff done.

Greensnake1

Is it just my night data that does not work since they done the datashare fix on the mtn choice 400GB plans.

Lishen23

Is it just my night data that does not work since they done the datashare fix on the mtn choice 400GB plans.
I had 8gb left of the 100gb promo night data and last night I did a 20gb update on a game and noticed that the 8gb was used up, then 12gb from the anytime data was used up. The 400gb night data is still untouched, I'll test again tonight and see what happens, but I think you're right, these contracts are using up anytime data before night data.

airborne

Honorary Master
I had 8gb left of the 100gb promo night data and last night I did a 20gb update on a game and noticed that the 8gb was used up, then 12gb from the anytime data was used up. The 400gb night data is still untouched, I'll test again tonight and see what happens, but I think you're right, these contracts are using up anytime data before night data.
Please let us know how it goes

Lishen23

Please let us know how it goes

One on the left is at 1:05AM, one on the right is 1:10AM after a 1gb download, so there are 2 problems actually.

Firstly: Its not using the night time data.

Secondly: The anytime data expires on the 12th March instead of 12th April like it should. In fact the second issue might be causing the first issue because the bundles having the same expiry date could be messing with the data bundle use logic.

Anyway I'm going to worry Ebbedene and Jacqui once again and I suggest you guys do too ASAP, I hate to always do that but I suspect if we follow the standard complaints procedure we'll be waiting 3 months for it to be sorted out like with the data share issue.

mtn.jpg

uzairb

One on the left is at 1:05AM, one on the right is 1:10AM after a 1gb download, so there are 2 problems actually.

Secondly: The anytime data expires on the 12th March instead of 12th April like it should. In fact the second issue might be causing the first issue because the bundles having the same expiry date could be messing with the data bundle use logic.

Anyway I'm going to worry Ebbedene and Jacqui once again and I suggest you guys do too ASAP, I hate to always do that but I suspect if we follow the standard complaints procedure we'll be waiting 3 months for it to be sorted out like with the data share issue.

View attachment 1027476
Thanks buddy.
I had my doubts on the night time data use, but didn't test it closely.. Definitely going to test it tonight.

airborne

Honorary Master

View attachment 1027476

The anytime data should roll over for 60days so data from 2 months ago will expire on the 12 March. Night data apparently doesn't roll over.

Rollover seems to be working my side.
But it's clear the main 400gb night data is not doing it's thing properly

Lishen23

The anytime data should roll over for 60days so data from 2 months ago will expire on the 12 March. Night data apparently doesn't roll over.

Rollover seems to be working my side.
But it's clear the main 400gb night data is not doing it's thing properly
Yes I know this, but you can see from the screenshot that mine is not 60 days. How much of datashare data you have left?

I suspect that everyone has the same issue as me, but its just that you guys didn't notice it yet because you're all still using last months data. I'm pretty sure all the data is going to expire on the 12th of March and nothing is going to roll over for anyone.

airborne

Honorary Master
Yes I know this, but you can see from the screenshot that mine is not 60 days. How much of datashare data you have left?

I suspect that everyone has the same issue as me, but its just that you guys didn't notice it yet because you're all still using last months data. I'm pretty sure all the data is going to expire on the 12th of March and nothing is going to roll over for anyone.
Thus far my anytime data has been rolling over, all of that is shown as being Datashared as it should and it says expires on 12/03, which I'm assuming is the bundle that will be from 60 days ago on that day.

I could be wrong though so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Does anyone if its possible to upgrade a newly taken out sim only data contract (24 months) to a higher value contract?

Reason I ask is if mtn come out with a similar BF special (like they've done in previous years where they've repeated a BF Friday during the next year) I rather upgrade my standard contract to it.

rick9k

Does anyone if its possible to upgrade a newly taken out sim only data contract (24 months) to a higher value contract?

Reason I ask is if mtn come out with a similar BF special (like they've done in previous years where they've repeated a BF Friday during the next year) I rather upgrade my standard contract to it.
Thats what I did

Stevewarren

Yeah my 400GB night data bundle ain't working either and I see what you mean by the rollover possibly not going to work. It's now reported as one big bundle in the MTN app that says it will expire on the 12 of march.

Lishen23

I see what you mean by the rollover possibly not going to work. It's now reported as one big bundle in the MTN app that says it will expire on the 12 of march.

It always shows as one big bundle, but normally after you use up the previous months data the expiry will change and show its expiring on 12th of April, mine didn't do that.

I've emailed both Ebbedene and Jacqui. Someone else responded, said they're looking into it but I suspect things will only get done once more people complain. I guess most people are going to complain on the 12th when their data doesn't roll over.

Duke of Hazard

Caught 5G in Centurion on my BF 2020 package.

So it is actually a 5G package after all, unfortunately I moved literally 3m in my car and the 5G disappeared before I could do a speed test.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210307-100949_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210307-100949_One UI Home.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75