MTN Black Friday Discussions

Stevewarren

Same on my side, until I delinked all my datashare Sims, then I was able to use 80gig of it on ps games. Not bad for a night, pity I will lose 320gig night.

Only thing is to relink it in the morning.l, so the Sims have access to my data
Is MTN aware of the problem ? Are you dealing with someone and is there an ETA on the fix?

LegionX

Is MTN aware of the problem ? Are you dealing with someone and is there an ETA on the fix?
Only did the test last night, as some1 in the forum mentioned it. I used so much of my anytime data thinking it was night data.
Will give mtn a shout today, hope they can resolve

Lishen23

Only did the test last night, as some1 in the forum mentioned it. I used so much of my anytime data thinking it was night data.
Will give mtn a shout today, hope they can resolve
At this point I've given up, going to treat it as a 500gb anytime + 100gb night data contract. I tried complaining but because I was the only one they weren't taking me seriously and they kept explaining to me that night data can't be used on the linked sim cards even though I must have said like 5 times that it wasn't working on the main sim.

LegionX

At this point I've given up, going to treat it as a 500gb anytime + 100gb night data contract. I tried complaining but because I was the only one they weren't taking me seriously and they kept explaining to me that night data can't be used on the linked sim cards even though I must have said like 5 times that it wasn't working on the main sim.
Feels you bud. I have also complained, now there is 2 of us.

Gamer_ROG1

They just slashed all of my data. Took away all the roll over data and gave me some weird bundles as on the attachment. I am on the 500 gb deal. Anyone else have this happpen to them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210312_001046.jpg
    Screenshot_20210312_001046.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 72

znubair

They just slashed all of my data. Took away all the roll over data and gave me some weird bundles as on the attachment. I am on the 500 gb deal. Anyone else have this happpen to them
I have the similar problem...
Data showing as 1GB instead of 16GB and free minutes showing 100 instead of 500

EDIT: Ok looks to have sorted itself out now, showing the correct balances

Last edited:

Shaw_ma

I have also emailed them regarding the night express. If they can't fix it they need to come up with a different solution. Either credit us againfor February and March. Or just give us 1000gig anytime until this is sorted. Because i have 500 gig night express which i can't use.

Duke of Hazard

300mbps on 5G, so our contracts are 5G enabled.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210313-122642_MyBroadband Speed Test.jpg
    Screenshot_20210313-122642_MyBroadband Speed Test.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 88

Shaw_ma

Communication from MTN this morning, they claim night express should be working without datashare being deactivated. I will test tonight

Stevewarren

Yeah the question is if it's going to use the 400GB part of the night data bundle. It always has used the first 100GB bundle fine.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Hi all, so a first time for me ever using data share, upgraded to the 500 + 500 gig BF deal, how do i manage the data being shared exactly...?

as it just shares the entire bundle with my cell number(one i want to share with).. any ideas..?

MRK911

Hi all, so a first time for me ever using data share, upgraded to the 500 + 500 gig BF deal, how do i manage the data being shared exactly...?

as it just shares the entire bundle with my cell number(one i want to share with).. any ideas..?
The number you are sharing to has access to the total data available to share.
There's no way to limit the amount of data that can be shared.