MTN Black Friday Discussions

uzairb

Anyone have issues with data share being blocked on a contract with dual call?

Worked fine all these years but suddenly got delinked and is blocked.
Yip. Few months back we had to disable dual call for datashare to work.
Datashare has since worked fine.

akescpt

Honorary Master
It’s amazing how they can just change terms as it doesn’t make them enough money anymore.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
Yip. Few months back we had to disable dual call for datashare to work.
Datashare has since worked fine.

How did you disable dual call? Can you do it over the phone?

My father tried calling mtn multiple times and the reps either say they dont know what dual call is or that they dont offer dual call as a service

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
so during loadshedding my network has been very poor

i complained to the people who helped during my BF deals issues

they sent out a guy on friday to put up a ponyting antenna

all for free

apparently who ever logs a complaint gets one

MidnightZA

Expert Member

all for free

How does that help signal on your phone? Unless you have a modem with the sim in it?
My place has **** signal all the time (complex layout) but during load shedding, I have no signal at all. I cant even make a call.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
How does that help signal on your phone? Unless you have a modem with the sim in it?
My place has **** signal all the time (complex layout) but during load shedding, I have no signal at all. I cant even make a call.

aah yeah doubt it will help signal on the phone

tattoo002

Just an update, seems like you have to disable data share to use your night data
The 400GB data share does not work for me. Even when disabling data share.
I have logged a complaint and requested 50% discount or an extra 400GB anytime data like I got when data share was not working.
Will update when I get a response from Billie Jean (MTN)

stepper

Expert Member

all for free

Mhhhh... I have been complaining about the poor network for the past 2 months always getting some standard response about being aware of the issues.

Then called the retentions to cancel, as usual with MTN you will be transferred to different departments and finally sent to Tech department which says they will send someone to investigate.

Their quotation to cancel the 400GB BF deal was R3000 and some change. Anybody know how MTN comes with these figures?

Last edited:

eagle2k

Well MTN is currently dead in what looks like the whole Northern Cape

Total blackout

electrix

Mhhhh... I have been complaining about the poor network for the past 2 months always getting some standard response about being aware of the issues.

Then called the retentions to cancel, as usual with MTN you will be transferred to different departments and finally sent to Tech department which says they will send someone to investigate.

Their quotation to cancel the 400GB BF deal was R3000 and some change. Anybody know how MTN comes with these figures?

If u dont need the number u can transfer the contract to someone else (save on the fees)

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master

why cancel ..ask someone else to take it over

and also email the head lady ...forgot her email address now

let me see

Stevewarren

The 400GB data share does not work for me. Even when disabling data share.
I have logged a complaint and requested 50% discount or an extra 400GB anytime data like I got when data share was not working.
Will update when I get a response from Billie Jean (MTN)
I had about 25 emails and many phone calls to all different departments and it didn't get fixed in fact they just stopped responding to me.

tattoo002

I had about 25 emails and many phone calls to all different departments and it didn't get fixed in fact they just stopped responding to me.
I received some bonus promo night data to test, it worked. I still need to test the 400GB night data bundle.

tattoo002

Was you contract sim only?

Sayf777

Expert Member
The cancellation should only be the current month + 1 month more for sim only contracts.