MTN Black Friday Discussions

MSB

I was hoping to get onto a 500GB MTN package and also need a new phone / voice contract.
haven't seen any good deals.

considering that Vodacom deal. where do you find it.

Vodacom is a little slower in my town, but works during load shedding, whereas MTN doesnt

airborne

Honorary Master
Wow, being R150 cheaper, this puts the MTN 500+500 @499 I am on to shame. MTN really hooked me in with this 3 year contract but hopefully been sim only I can cancel at anytime without much of a penalty.
The one significant advantage of the MTN 500gb deal we got is it supports Datashare whereas the Vodacom one doesn't as far as I have seen.

But the fact that MTN towers die with loadshedding is a real bummer, it never used to be like that but now it seems widespread.

MSB

The one significant advantage of the MTN 500gb deal we got is it supports Datashare whereas the Vodacom one doesn't as far as I have seen.

But the fact that MTN towers die with loadshedding is a real bummer, it never used to be like that but now it seems widespread.
I was told you cant datashare on the 500gb package they have now

MSB

any good phone / voice deals going? I need a fairly high end phone and around 250 mins a month.

MSB

any good phone / voice deals going? I need a fairly high end phone and around 250 mins a month.

MSB

Is there a current deal like that?
I'm referring to the last year's BF 500gb that many of us got.
yeah, i couldnt get that as i wasnt an existing customer.

apparently they have a 500GB lte package for R499..

they say you can't datashare though

inkos

Anyone know of any deals that can data share?
I was told by vodacom store only the red plans can data share, so none of the ones on promotion.
I was told by a MTN store none of this year Black Friday deals can data share

Witty

Does anyone know how sim only early termination cost? Looking to cancelling my current Mtn sim only in favour of the 400gb with Vodacom.

I tried calling mtn been on hold for an hour.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Unless iam mistaken, the sales dep and retentions, don't operate today, or closed already.They will give you a cancellation quote then you can decide from there.Best to phone Monday again

Thor

Honorary Master
Can I take out the back Friday deal still and if I can will i be able to add my apple watch to it?

If not how can I get my apple watch work work

IMG_1689.png

wizardofid

Executive Member
Can I take out the back Friday deal still and if I can will i be able to add my apple watch to it?

View attachment 1202352
You will have phone them to find out, if normal sim no problem, honestly. Bf deals run till 1 st December, for new clients, bf upgrades pretty much when ever.

Received BF upgrade offers as early as August.

Thor

Honorary Master
I'm currently on Telkom, but I can close that contract and port to mtn but I don't think it will happen before 1st of December

So what I am hoping is that I can keep my physical Telkom sim in my iPhone and then take out a MTN contract, on a esim, load the esim on my iPhone as my secondary simcard and register that same esim on my apple watch?

cavedog

Honorary Master

View attachment 1202352

You can not.

These deals are locked to a specific list of routers and locked to 4G only and can not make calls. This is for the Black Friday Home packages. Not sure the others.

Witty

Unless iam mistaken, the sales dep and retentions, don't operate today, or closed already.They will give you a cancellation quote then you can decide from there.Best to phone Monday again
Shall give them a call again on monday. Thanks