MTN Black Friday Discussions

werfie

Expert Member
I was on prepaid but have other numbers on contract for business.

They told me it's a 50/50 chance of it getting past vetting as the number was not on contract and therefore retentions deal won't apply.

Told the consultant to try it anyway as I have nothing to lose.

Got approved and took 3 more, which also got approved

500 all net minutes / 500 sms's / 15GB data - R149
Is this for a business line? Cause the retentions department knows nothing about any deals that is not the couple of "Black Friday" Data deals on their website :mad:

uzairb

How does one get 600min for R129 on prepaid?
Use the MTN app to purchase once-off bundles. The deals seem to be personalised based on previous usage. I generally get 30 day bundles for voice at a good price.
af37f9dd535a8f7e51cca7dec3c2d5f8.jpg
0ecffe6a48450bdc56905d1dcecaca43.jpg
4c59372a69441117433a5d04d9874a55.jpg

airborne

Honorary Master
I did exactly this

Use the MTN app to purchase once-off bundles. The deals seem to be personalised based on previous usage. I generally get 30 day bundles for voice at a good price.
af37f9dd535a8f7e51cca7dec3c2d5f8.jpg
0ecffe6a48450bdc56905d1dcecaca43.jpg

On the Signiture 30day bundles I used to buy before they were discontinued recently if you loaded a new bundle before the old one expired the remains of the old bundle would roll over, is that also the case with these bundles?

I just got a 240min 30 day all-net bundle for R50 via Myoffers, now that it's loaded I can see its called a Variable AllNet Voice Bundle when looking at the bundle balance.

Leisure Larry

On the Signiture 30day bundles I used to buy before they were discontinued recently if you loaded a new bundle before the old one expired the remains of the old bundle would roll over, is that also the case with these bundles?

I just got a 240min 30 day all-net bundle for R50 via Myoffers, now that it's loaded I can see its called a Variable AllNet Voice Bundle when looking at the bundle balance.

Not sure about roll overs on prepaid. This is all new to me. My contract only terminates at the end of December, that's when they will switch me to Prepaid.
I just didn't see the need to sign up or renew the contract when the Prepaid deals are good enough.

PahtoZ

So...
I receive an sms 02 Dec "Your contract is coming to an end.........Visit an mtn store today to upgrade to your personalized black Friday deal today."
By that time I had already, on black Friday, logged into mtn online. Clicked on upgrade. Done the verification. Chosen my mobile device. Chosen my package. Got my order reference Number.

Friday passed (two weeks later) got a call from an agent saying sorry the package i "upgraded" is only for new contracts. Why would the online system allow me to go through an "upgrade" process only to be told a story two weeks later (when black Friday had conveniently passed). Is the "new contract" only story still a thing? Why would anyone who has had a number for many years want a new number?

Sent a complaint to customer care (that says they normally respond Mon-Sun within 8 hrs) This is 3 days ago.

Went to a physical store to be told "Black Friday has now passed let us look forward"

To me it just sounds like a taught script to conveniently detach themselves from Black Friday commitments.

airborne

Honorary Master
Has anyone tried a 5G router with their BF 2020 400GB sims, I remember someone at the time said the contracts were 5G enabled?
My local MTN towers are now over subscribed so at 5-10pm everyday speeds get nasty, I'm thinking of getting a 5G router and seeing if that will help.

airborne

Honorary Master
Has anyone tried a 5G router with their BF 2020 400GB sims, I remember someone at the time said the contracts were 5G enabled?
My local MTN towers are now over subscribed so at 5-10pm everyday speeds get nasty, I'm thinking of getting a 5G router and seeing if that will help.
Anyone?

Witty

Good day.

I was offered the BF 400gb for R499 by MTN Retentions Department. I would like the confirm the data share allocation.

Do I get to data share the base 400gb or the 100gb promotional data?

I spoke to two different consultants both said something different regarding data share on the package.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

Archie1

Good day.

I was offered the BF 400gb for R499 by MTN Retentions Department. I would like the confirm the data share allocation.

I spoke to two different consultants both said something different regarding data share on the package.
If it's the MTN Choice 400GB package, then 400GB is shareable.

citizensa

Expert Member
Good day.

Can you pls share details of the agent and package when I tried today they can’t find this package and what they offering is ridiculous. Please help I need data package with lots of data

BBC

What's MTN's cancellation policy?

I renewed a contract during BF, agent advised that all the data is sharable. Turns out only 1GB/10GB is shareable