MTN Black Friday Discussions

airborne

Honorary Master
What's MTN's cancellation policy?

I renewed a contract during BF, agent advised that all the data is sharable. Turns out only 1GB/10GB is shareable
If it's a package with no device it should be prorata on the current month + 1 month to cancel.

Witty

Can you pls share details of the agent and package when I tried today they can’t find this package and what they offering is ridiculous. Please help I need data package with lots of data
Hey buddy I spoke to the Retentions Department I don’t remember the name of the agent but the package is called Mtn Choice 400. I was told they only offer customers due for an upgrade. This is the 2020 Black Friday deal.

stepper

Expert Member
That's quite a shocker, I always assumed it was at the discounted rate, naturally.
That's what I thought, I guess we just sign up to these offers over the telephone and the agents do not disclose/discuss such things

TedLasso

Expert Member
So I guess I on month 16 of my BF special. What happens when the contract end date is reached. Do I get to keep it or will I have to find a new special. Loving the 600 mins, 15GB and 100 SMS for 200 a month

Leisure Larry

So I guess I on month 16 of my BF special. What happens when the contract end date is reached. Do I get to keep it or will I have to find a new special. Loving the 600 mins, 15GB and 100 SMS for 200 a month

Getting 600 min and about 25GB for R149 on BF Business Contract, so you should push for the same.

Lakhi10

Same isn't it illegal I signed up for a 349 rand a month contract for 24 months why is it that they can change the agreement a year past signing

chickenbeef

Executive Member
anyone else get the mail that MTN increasing prices by 5%

i dont understand when prices meant to drop they increasing
I'll just leave this here:

rodga

Honorary Master
To me the whole point of having a contract is that you have a fixed cost. There is no advatage to a contract if they can just increase the price whener they feel like it. Yes sure its in the terms and conditions but that doesnt sit right with me. I agree with the another poster, you can increase prices only if I have the option to cancel the contract, without penalty, if I dont agree with the increase.

This is the 2nd time they are doing this in the last few years iirc

Die Uwe

I was offered a 150GB day 150GB night at R349 over 24 months, I was about to take it when the person at retentions said it is a black friday deal and you cant datashare on it. Have anyone with one of these black friday deals successfully used datashare please?

airborne

Honorary Master
I was offered a 150GB day 150GB night at R349 over 24 months, I was about to take it when the person at retentions said it is a black friday deal and you cant datashare on it. Have anyone with one of these black friday deals successfully used datashare please?
Only certain of them can datashare not all.