MTN Black Friday Discussions

azbob

Honorary Master
So they didn’t increase the R499 BF special by 5% then but rather by the Rand value increase of the full price deal i.e R66

13% increase. Time to consider fibre or a Telkom LTE deal. Although this might still be the best deal considering the datashare option.

airborne

Honorary Master
So they didn’t increase the R499 BF special by 5% then but rather by the Rand value increase of the full price deal i.e R66

Well spotted, that must be it, hopefully they will correct that because that would make no sense.

airborne

Honorary Master
13% increase. Time to consider fibre or a Telkom LTE deal. Although this might still be the best deal considering the datashare option.

Datashare is the game changer, since we got these contracts there’s been plenty of similar or even better offerings from Telkom and Vodacom but neither support some form of Datashare. I love not having to worry about data use on any of my mobile devices and be able to have a few family members use it as well.

Reactions: Shi

azbob

Honorary Master
Well spotted, that must be it, hopefully they will correct that because that would make no sense.

It would make sense for them. The increase is on the actual package. Remember this is a discount we’re getting. The discount doesn’t increase.

R1299-R800=R499
R1365-R800=R565

Stokstert

Executive Member
Datashare is the game changer, since we got these contracts there’s been plenty of similar or even better offerings from Telkom and Vodacom but neither support some form of Datashare. I love not having to worry about data use on any of my mobile devices and be able to have a few family members use it as well.

On Telkom one can share data with another Telkom number. I can send 1 GB daily, with a maximum of 10 GB per month on my data contract.

airborne

Honorary Master
On Telkom one can share data with another Telkom number. I can send 1 GB daily, with a maximum of 10 GB per month on my data contract.

From what I saw that was not possible on their big data contracts and also I need to be able to share 100s of gb per month.

airborne

Honorary Master
It would make sense for them. The increase is on the actual package. Remember this is a discount we’re getting. The discount doesn’t increase.

R1299-R800=R499
R1365-R800=R565

I would have thought the initial discount was percentage based and hence the increase should just be at the same percentage of the new total, which would put us at R525.

momo235

I use to have telkom multi sim. R8 per month per sim back then and all data and minutes would sgare across the sims. Mtn allows this with 1 sim but then data share doesn't work to other numbers. All minutes or data shares with that 1 extra sim

MidnightZA

Expert Member
I use to have telkom multi sim. R8 per month per sim back then and all data and minutes would sgare across the sims. Mtn allows this with 1 sim but then data share doesn't work to other numbers. All minutes or data shares with that 1 extra sim

I have the secondary sim and a few days ago I activated data share successfully. Usually is says data share not allowed with dual call etc.

It only allows the base data of the contract to be shared and not the promo data. For me it's currently on 1GB. 500mb base contract with 2 month roll over.

Screenshot_20220517-185422_MTN.jpg

airborne

Honorary Master

Is that still available and is it normally available on any telkom contract?

Sayf777

Expert Member
If anyone wants to by chance cancel their 500gb mychoice contract please tell me, would like to take over it

airborne

Honorary Master

R1299-R800=R499
R1365-R800=R565

Are you confident the new R565pm premium is correct, is it worth querying/disputing?

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
If we arent happy with these above 5% increases, can we cancel our contracts without penalty?

EDIT: Ive called MTN to ask. They are escalating my query because the agent confirmed it isnt in line with the 5% communication.

Last edited: