MTN Black Friday Discussions

I will try to phone tomorrow or so, but out of interest, has anyone come across a deal similar to the 500GB deal with 400GB that's shareable? I do need a lot to share...

Retentions says that this deal (202310ESS1005) doesn't exist... They double checked multiple times.

I was however of offered 150GB anytime + 150GB night time for R318 p/m for 36 months (EDIT: 50GB shareable, they didn't want to give me a deal code). Thinking about this, but don't want to be stuck with a 36 month contract again.

Retentions are able to do an early switch of month-to-month contracts to BF contract by the way, it seems they basically have an administrative level override for these things (which makes sense).

I have exactly the same R1818 bill issue. I did upgrade shortly after my 2020 36 month contract expired, and after much pain was told I already owe the R1818 since it's the cost of the first month of the now month-to-month contract.

Even after upgrading, the full R1818 + R299 (for new package) is due.

To add insult to injury, since I upgraded last week on Tuesday (to try to prevent the massive bill), I now can't take any BF deal since the new month-to-month has to be active for at least 2 months before being able to switch to a contract. I thus need to take out a brand new additional contract if I want a BF deal, which will result in a total bill of R1818 (expired contact's first month to month) + R299 (current month to month) + R299 (new month to month BF deal).

I've pretty much given up, and om probably just going to ignore MTN BF, and look at other service provider.
That's the way I understand it, I hope all the guys who were talked into upgrading before BF in the hopes of upgrading again when the BF deals arrive don't get caught out. Going by my extensive experience with MTN staff they don't give 2 shts about throwing customers under the bus like that.

Retentions says that this deal (202310ESS1005) doesn't exist... They double checked multiple times.

I was however of offered 150GB anytime + 150GB night time for R318 p/m for 36 months (EDIT: 50GB shareable, they didn't want to give me a deal code). Thinking about this, but don't want to be stuck with a 36 month contract again.

Retentions are able to do an early switch of month-to-month contracts to BF contract by the way, it seems they basically have an administrative level override for these things (which makes sense).
WELLLL its in the contract i received so... i dont know

edit: Made for Business Data+ Pro 100GB i got this via business retentions apparently

I am also waiting for a better office , they offered me 300 gig for R299, they haven't confirmed tho if its 150 day and 150 night, i just want to be able to share my data

Anyone come across any decent deals including a phone? Looking for an iPhone 15 pro Max, no-one seems to be offering anything with decent phones.
Prices are exactly the same as they were before BF

I have exactly the same R1818 bill issue. I did upgrade shortly after my 2020 36 month contract expired, and after much pain was told I already owe the R1818 since it's the cost of the first month of the now month-to-month contract.

Even after upgrading, the full R1818 + R299 (for new package) is due.

To add insult to injury, since I upgraded last week on Tuesday (to try to prevent the massive bill), I now can't take any BF deal since the new month-to-month has to be active for at least 2 months before being able to switch to a contract. I thus need to take out a brand new additional contract if I want a BF deal, which will result in a total bill of R1818 (expired contact's first month to month) + R299 (current month to month) + R299 (new month to month BF deal).

I've pretty much given up, and om probably just going to ignore MTN BF, and look at other service provider.
Quick update,

I have forwarded my email of 19 November 2020 (three years and one day later) to Jacki O’Sullivan (and who ever answered me at the time) and pointed out that the exact same thing has happened again, so they are pulling the same dirty tricks.

I received an automated reply, but no actual feedback or call yet.

I signed up for Made For Business Data+ Pro S (150GB)with promotional 50GB which equates to 200GB, normally how long does it take for MTN to activate the sim card?

Also, I tried to ask the consultant if I will be able to share the data but he couldn't confirm or deny that part. Is there anyone who took similar package? I want to confirm this data share part.

Anyone come across any decent deals including a phone? Looking for an iPhone 15 pro Max, no-one seems to be offering anything with decent phones.

Not likely for deals on a new iPhone sadly. Get a cheap contract for the phone and another sim for Data

Only old stock, low capacity 15’s, 15 Plus, and normal Pro but stock availability is nuts

If you’re looking, email [email protected] (being real)

I signed up for Made For Business Data+ Pro S (150GB)with promotional 50GB which equates to 200GB, normally how long does it take for MTN to activate the sim card?

Also, I tried to ask the consultant if I will be able to share the data but he couldn't confirm or deny that part. Is there anyone who took similar package? I want to confirm this data share part.
whats the cost of the bundle?

Back