Mtn black Friday rumor?

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
I was told details will only be unveiled on black friday, they'll probably try get you to take what's currently available until then.

FlashSA

Executive Member
My BF sims get their allocation on the 6th. This morning the sms only said they gave me 500mb. But when I *141#, the balance of last month's 50GB is still there, so looks like they have made the last allocation last 60 days?!

I'll keep checking my balances daily to see what happens

alqassam

Expert Member
Nope , just that i can take whatever current deal there is

so no promotional data or plan
I have 4 contracts

2 expiring on 6 December and 2 on 31 March 2019, guy called from MTN to upgrade all 4 numbers with any. Basic package.

He said there will be something on Black Friday he doubts as good as the 50gb deal. And he will contact me on the 23rd

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
Yeah they told me the deals for BF will only be known the night before

sand_man

Honorary Master
Could be a different offer for new customers vs old BF upgradees
I don't think so though. That would be pretty awkward to market without alienating potential new customers. Think it would cause a fair amount of confusion in the market place too...

Other than approaching BF 50gb customers individually, telephonically, I can't see how they could implement a specific offer for BF 50gb customers...

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
I don't think so though. That would be pretty awkward to market without alienating potential new customers. Think it would cause a fair amount of confusion in the market place too...

Other than approaching BF 50gb customers individually, telephonically, I can't see how they could implement a specific offer for BF 50gb customers...
It would just like the earlier information that customers would get personalised offers based on usage, makes no sense to offer better deals to some.

wizardofid

Executive Member
How useless is MTN generally this time of year, when I did my application for my first contract in June, MTN phoned the same day and approval was immediate over the phone back then, in order to proceed I needed to send the normal documents, I didn't sent documents right away 5 days later I get a call, would you like to proceed with the contract I said sure, but I am not happy paying the connection fee or delivery fee, few seconds holding on they waived both the connection and delivery fee.

So I said fine, sent the documents, 2 hours later the contract was active and data was allocated to my prepaid sim I had.

Applied Friday last week for the sim only double data 20gig online deal, it's Tuesday not a word since then.They do say their turn around time is 48 hours, Guess I will give them another day or two and follow up with the reference I received, otherwise I am just going to hold out till BF and see how crappy the deals are and apply again for the same 20gig deal, as I really don't want or need either SMS or minutes bundles.

My issue is I need to cancel afrihost in time, I guess I could always downgrade to the lowest available bundle and cancel afrihost+ in the event things go south I still have some data rather then no data.I was planning to move over to a wisp service of 200gig FUP but restricted to 2mb @R350.00 but honestly the 3K initial expenditure for router and dish for a service which may end up been shyte isn't on my to do list.

curbs2012

Expert Member
Just received an SMS from MTN..

Y'ello! Your 50GB MTN promotional plan is about to expire - Your average data usage is 47.7 GB and voice usage is 137 mins. A special personalised offer will be presented shortly.

Puri

Received this sms?

Any takes?
Y'ello! You are currently opted out of MTN marketing messaging. Unless you opt in you will lose out on receiving a personalised offer for your expiring 50GB promotion. To Opt back in and receive a personalised UPGRADE offer reply OPTIN. #wegotu. T&C's Apply.

Acideee

Just received the same message, my usage is slightly lower. Looks like the personalized offers are a real thing. Thats going to be a nightmare for their billing team. lol
Just received an SMS from MTN..

Y'ello! Your 50GB MTN promotional plan is about to expire - Your average data usage is 47.7 GB and voice usage is 137 mins. A special personalised offer will be presented shortly.

skimread

Executive Member
Got an SMS saying my average is 10GB and 0 minutes for me.

My average most months was 2GB but a couple of months I did 50GB pushing my total higher

Does this mean they will offer me promotion of a 10GB package per month or offer me a 50GB package per month?

Acideee

Got an SMS saying my average is 10GB and 0 minutes for me.

My average most months was 2GB but a couple of months I did 50GB pushing my total higher

Does this mean they will offer me promotion of a 10GB package per month or offer me a 50GB package per month?
Most Probably around the 10 gig package. I'm really curious as to how they will price the data. if it is similar to their standard data charges, this upgrade will not be worth it

sand_man

Honorary Master
Very very interesting to see what offers they make... Don't want to get my hopes up. Doubt we will see anything vaguely in the R3 per gb category. I'm hopeful we'll see something in the region of R5-R7 per gig but even that is probably optimistic...

Realistically I think we'll get around R15 per gig...

skimread

Executive Member
Most Probably around the 10 gig package. I'm really curious as to how they will price the data. if it is similar to their standard data charges, this upgrade will not be worth it
That doesn't make sense. They will give people who used 50GB per month a 50GB package special and people who used 10GB a 10GB per month special. It sounds logical but for me a couple of months I use 50GB so a 10GB per month special will be a total waste. In that sense offering a promotion on average usage is really stupid

I will seriously pissed off if MTN does this.