Mtn black Friday rumor?

daiyaan

The sms came with a link that directs us to this months deals, perhaps thats a hint on whats to offer. A deal from the brochure with added data?

tonypony

Lame... got my SMS today.

Y'ello! Your 50GB MTN promotional plan is about to expire - Your average data usage is 4.2 GB and voice usage is 101 mins. A special personalised offer will be presented shortly. MTN #wegotu T&C's apply. https://bit.ly/2yKLHaY

I'll wait for Black Friday and try capitalize on a proper deal.

wizardofid

Executive Member
How will voice work on this data contract?
I didn't want voice so that is fine, but honestly you can just bolt on a voice bundle if you really need to.
https://shop.mtn.co.za/crs/jump/product/80617/?skuId=80617.

Considering it's a mychoice data contract, means you can still add airtime your self or bolt on minutes yes it works out more, pending what is on offer on BF it's a really cool deal.It is a double data deal, the normal data you get with it is only 10gb. I have kept my phone prepaid and just load airtime as I need it, I don't phone a lot of people, and if I do need to contact people, I simply use whatsapp, messenger or skype and use data rather then minutes.

I still have a telkom landline, because I am rural, network signal can be iffy, I do need a back up, But I think I am screwed now, telkom upgraded me to their wireless landland, regardless I only use to phone landline numbers any ways.

Last edited:

sand_man

Honorary Master
Decided to phone them all it took was 30 mins and job done, ! Stupid online store. 40gb total data, R299 isn't bad at all considering I was paying Afrihost R220.00 a month for 4.5gig, would cost R1007+ R109 for afrihost + for 20gigs data.I guess I will kick my self if the BF deal is better, honestly tired of afrihost....
Really? What else? Any minutes?

rog163

Received this sms?

Any takes?
Y'ello! You are currently opted out of MTN marketing messaging. Unless you opt in you will lose out on receiving a personalised offer for your expiring 50GB promotion. To Opt back in and receive a personalised UPGRADE offer reply OPTIN. #wegotu. T&C's Apply.
I also got this, did you OPTIN?

FlashSA

Executive Member
No sms received on the sim in my phone. Will fire up the Huawei router in my office tomorrow and see if that sim has received an SMS

zakariazy

Decided to phone them all it took was 30 mins and job done, ! Stupid online store. 40gb total data, R299 isn't bad at all considering I was paying Afrihost R220.00 a month for 4.5gig, would cost R1007+ R109 for afrihost + for 20gigs data.I guess I will kick my self if the BF deal is better, honestly tired of afrihost....
This deal is not exclusive to BF customers. This is part of their double data promotion that’s available for everyone. 20gig day and 20gig night for 299

wizardofid

Executive Member
This deal is not exclusive to BF customers. This is part of their double data promotion that’s available for everyone. 20gig day and 20gig night for 299
Yeah so I decided to add an additional contract instead of waiting around, also need to cancel afrihost before 22-23 otherwise I get billed for next month come hell or high water. By all indications it looks like carp deals any ways, plus I bypass the lot of you come BF.....:D

Last edited:

wizardofid

Executive Member
Sounds fishy
Like hell they going to do "Personalized"....This was from last year.
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/smartphones/238904-mtn-black-friday-2017-mega-deals.html

My MTNChoice 10GB at R299 pm 30GB Anytime + 20GB Night Express data
Got the same deal from last year, but with 10gb less anytime data.Pretty sure their BF is going to include these double data sim deals only.Chances of getting 50gig again is zero or it's going to be split with anytime data and night express data.

In hindsight I should have fished what the BF deals were going to be, while I was on the phone with them yesterday.

Teane123

i got this sms
Y'ello! Your 50GB MTN promotional plan is about to expire - Your average data usage is 29.5 GB and voice usage is 498 mins. A special personalised offer will be presented shortly. MTN #wegotu T&C's apply. https://bit.ly/2yKLHaY

DarkBlue

I got my 50Gb deal in Feb 2017. They had it in there brochure but i needed to take it with a handset.

Speedster

Executive Member
My BF contract expires 6 Dec (according to my account page on mtn.co.za). A personalised offer will have to be VERY sweet to get me to sign up before this year's BF. I have no reason to stay with MTN, so if any of the other players have a package lined up for us I will grab it.