Mtn black Friday rumor?

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
If I remember clearly the Telkom Sim Sonke is the best prepaid option.

29c to other Telkom numbers

75c to other networks

Same rate all day everyday at per second billing
From what info I've found so far sim sonke looks to be the cheapest.

daiyaan

From what info I've found so far sim sonke looks to be the cheapest.
CellC 66c plan:

PACKAGE DETAILS
Local Voice Calls (Cell C to Fixed lines) R 0.66
Local Voice Calls (Cell C to other mobile networks) R 0.66
Local Voice Calls (Cell C to Toll Free numbers) R 0.00
Local SMS per message R 0.16
Local MMS Per Message R 0.51
International SMS R1.72
Out of Bundle Data Rate (MB) R 0.16

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
CellC 66c plan:

PACKAGE DETAILS
Local Voice Calls (Cell C to Fixed lines) R 0.66
Local Voice Calls (Cell C to other mobile networks) R 0.66
Local Voice Calls (Cell C to Toll Free numbers) R 0.00
Local SMS per message R 0.16
Local MMS Per Message R 0.51
International SMS R1.72
Out of Bundle Data Rate (MB) R 0.16
Also found this but I see people complaining about it being R2.50 per minute to 0860, 0861 etc.

As well as complaining about other fine print issues, think I'll stay clear of cellc.

Can make more use of the cheaper telkom to telkom minutes personally as well.

Puri

Does anyone know if I take the Data deals attached if I will be able to add on minutes? OR if its a data only sim.Apparently we can upgrade to these deals as early black friday deal.

The 60GB +30GB seems like a good deal + add on some minutes for calls. Black Friday Sim deals Only.JPG

The monthly allocation was 50gb promotional data and 2gb standard data associated with the package. AFAIK only the 2gb was shareable.

Come to think of it there were a few guys who managed to wangle it but they soon closed that loophole...
I have managed to share mine from the first month, stopped it some time last year and then re-activated it again. I am still sharing my normal 2 GB data.

airborne

Executive Member
I have managed to share mine from the first month, stopped it some time last year and then re-activated it again. I am still sharing my normal 2 GB data.
You datashared the 50gb?
I never heard of anyone getting that one right, could only safe via dualism

Soapy_Bubbles

You datashared the 50gb?
I never heard of anyone getting that one right, could only safe via dualism
It was only for the first Black Friday deal. They corrected it thereafter and made it clear that it doesn’t work with data share.

Stokstert

Executive Member
My 50GB which was allocated yesterday is now taken away. Only the basic 200 min and 950MB is left.

Edit:
My second sim is still fully available.

Last edited:

FlashSA

Executive Member
My 50GB which was allocated yesterday is now taken away. Only the basic 200 min and 950MB is left.
Same happened to me. Had it on the 6th, gone the next day.

Glad to have sorted out my upgrades though. Can relax until Black Friday 2020

a88277

Same happed to me. No data. I called today, and the lady apparently reactive it until 28th, but still has no data.

Bunta

Does anyone know if I take the Data deals attached if I will be able to add on minutes? OR if its a data only sim.Apparently we can upgrade to these deals as early black friday deal.

The 60GB +30GB seems like a good deal + add on some minutes for calls. View attachment 578200
Can you post a link to these deals? I cant seem to find it anywhere on MTN's website?

Speedster

Executive Member
Can you post a link to these deals? I cant seem to find it anywhere on MTN's website?
They're not on the website, they were sent as "personalised" offers to existing black Friday subscribers. My guess is these will be available to all on BF itself

Bunta

They're not on the website, they were sent as "personalised" offers to existing black Friday subscribers. My guess is these will be available to all on BF itself
Not the ones he posted. I did receive the "personalised" Email offers. Nothing close to what he posted.

Speedster

Executive Member
Not the ones he posted. I did receive the "personalised" Email offers. Nothing close to what he posted.
The personalised deals were a selection from that table, although there isn't clarity on whether the night data is accurate. That table was posted by an MTN insider, it's not available officially anywhere