Mtn black Friday rumor?

Arrival

Just out of interest. For those who took the 40 + 40 with minutes for R199 or R299, have you been assigned the promo data and minutes? They said 2 to 24 hours and it's past that time frame now. They did also mention the system is slow so maybe some patience is needed

As far as I can decipher from my balance. I only received the data,minutes and maybe sms which is part of the base contract. Works out to roughly 65% of the base contract (650mbs of the 1 gigs. 95 min of the 150 min. And I still have 200 sms but not sure if that's from the 2016 BF or from the new package)

I still have 37 gigs from my 50gigs. And I have seen that go up nor do I have any night data.
I signed up for the 299 deal yesterday and the lady gave me a reference number. I still have not received any confirmation email or message from them. My old BF 2016 balance is still showing in my app though.

Sayf777

The old balances will not be lost, it will expire as shown in my MTN app (unless you port to another network) if I'm not mistaken.

bobbytb

You're a star, sir!

I was at a store and managed to snap this:
IMG_20181123_171248.jpg
Though your sheet seems much more comprehensive. I was told these would be valid thru till Monday.

For a company that makes money on connecting people and communcations, MTN sure does a poor job of informing their clients what their opinions are. :cautious:

The retention team on the phone also mentioned there *might* be a cyber Monday deal... I'm on the fence, thinking of taking my chances and waiting to see what Monday brings.

Speedster

Executive Member
You're a star, sir!

I was at a store and managed to snap this:
View attachment 582806
Though your sheet seems much more comprehensive. I was told these would be valid thru till Monday.

For a company that makes money on connecting people and communcations, MTN sure does a poor job of informing their clients what their opinions are. :cautious:

The retention team on the phone also mentioned there *might* be a cyber Monday deal... I'm on the fence, thinking of taking my chances and waiting to see what Monday brings.
I'm waiting for Monday. If nothing else pops up we at least have these deals to fall back on.

hxc87x

Expert Member
Sales consultant in a store yesterday told me that they had originally been given another set of deals which included more (and better) devices, and then on Thursday the pamphlets arrived for the deals they are running in the stores now and they were told to not use the previous set of deals. She then mentioned something about 2016 black friday was also only sim deals and that cyber monday had sim and device deals.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Unfortunately yes. I myself need to take out a new contract and the options suck. Hence I have to take the Business contract route.
MTN really shunned the deals for new customers. They should fire the entire sales marketing team with all their sales degrees and hire us from the forums.
Yeah same here I moved over to business and put my kids on as well .

Can the bandwidth be data shared ?

mh348

Expert Member
Yeah same here I moved over to business and put my kids on as well .

Can the bandwidth be data shared ?
When did you sign the contract and have you received your minutes & data?

I signed the business contract late yesterday but still haven't received anything.. All my previous 2016BF data disappeared yesterday, so I currently have 0 data :(