Mtn black Friday rumor?

airborne

Executive Member
Activating data share via ussd works
What are the commands?
Was told promo.
Thanks. Tested and it seems to be the case.
Other guys said its the base data only, which is which was also the case iwth the 50gb BF deals?

It would suck if its the promo data because that apparently gets used first so once that's finished the main sim would still have the base data bundle and the Datashare sims nothing.

Azimuth

Expert Member
There is an option to but it doesn't work...
AFAIK data share can only be provisioned via mtn

Activated the service via the call centre, loaded beneficiaries via the MyMTN app. (MTN Services > Data Share)

I was able to load 3 beneficiaries only.

Edit: clearly the Data Share functionality is buggy. My 4th number has now gone through.

Last edited:

airborne

Executive Member
Activated the service via the call centre, loaded beneficiaries via the MyMTN app. (MTN Services > Data Share)

I was able to load 3 beneficiaries only.
Ok I see what you mean, the Datashare service must be activated via the call center but you can add beneficiaries on your own.

Puri

Has anyone tried and tested the data share service?

I get an error message when loading a new cell number. Anyone with suggestions?

I'v tried both the ussd and mymtn app.

HoosenE

I did it last night via the USSD *136*5# and seems to be working.

DarkBlue

Make sure you that the sim you want to share with has data share deactivated. I had a problem sharing with 1 number. All i did for that number is deactivate data share via MyMTN app.

Stevewarren

Yay almost sorted.

They loaded missing prorate night express, they phoned me and will be adding the normal night express, as well as changing the expiry date of those missing bundles.Bad form from MTN that it had to be escalated in such a manner, I did apologize for having to resort to such extreme measures to have a relative simple support escalation brought to their attention they actually thanked me, for doing so.

Great, the bigger question why did it happen in the first place, and how will you fix it.
I got my night express but when I downloaded about 10GB this morning at 5am it came off my anytime data. Can't MTN do anything right.?

rodga

Executive Member
Had a sales person tell me yesterday that the 2018 bf deals will be available till the end of Feb 2019 for all existing bf 2016 clients. This included the business deals.

Midnights_Ghost

I got my night express but when I downloaded about 10GB this morning at 5am it came off my anytime data. Can't MTN do anything right.?
How do you know it was 10GB night data? I also got some promo data last night but the SMS doesnt say its night data, as well as the app and USSD.
It only shows I got about 35+ loaded to my data balance

Leisure Larry

Had a sales person tell me yesterday that the 2018 bf deals will be available till the end of Feb 2019 for all existing bf 2016 clients. This included the business deals.
Unfortunately each salesperson @ each store tells you differently. The BF 2016 deals are till Feb.
The Businesses deals for new clients cut off was 26/11.

I have internal leaked mail.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Unfortunately each salesperson @ each store tells you differently. The BF 2016 deals are till Feb.

I'm quite pissed with this. tried a couple of times to get my account tranferred to a business one. I had all the necessary documents. The sales people insisted it would take more than a week for approval, and I would miss out on the Black friday deal because the cutoff was yesterday. I opted for the normal deals instead

wizardofid

Executive Member
Yeah bundle depletion, has been extremely spotty this last week, also was online at 5 this morning, and never deducted from the night express.What I normally do, is watch a quick vid or some thing, disconnect check balance and make sure it's deducted from the correct bundle.

In fact it's been so bad, anytime data is being deducted from my twitter and facebook bundles, and they are actually depleted now, I don't mind that it deducted from those bundles, were useless any ways.

However incorrect data depletion isn't new and it has been happening for eons...

Stevewarren

How do you know it was 10GB night data? I also got some promo data last night but the SMS doesnt say its night data, as well as the app and USSD.
It only shows I got about 35+ loaded to my data balance
In the MTN app it says I have night data.

@wizardofid it's bloody frustrating, 10 GB is a lot of data on mobile. They better correct this. Otherwise I will be getting some email addresses from you :)

Midnights_Ghost

@wizardofid it's bloody frustrating, 10 GB is a lot of data on mobile. They better correct this. Otherwise I will be getting some email addresses from you :)
MTN Package 27-11 3.JPG

My MTN app shows the same as the myMTN website. The 3 rows marked in red are the balances that came last night

MTN Package 27-11 2.JPG

I have Dual Call and Data Share active on my account but only the Dual Call Works, if I try data share it just gives and error

wizardofid

Executive Member

Well escalate the matter, get an escalation number wait the 72 hours if it isn't resolved or the call closed.
However what you should do it get an escalation number, hit both, facebook and twitter with the escalation number and email customercare @ mtn.co.za. after 48 hours if not resolved.Doing this shows you have taken steps to resolved the matter through normal channels, log another escalation after 72 hours, wait at least 2 days hit customercare email, facebook and twitter after 48 again.

If still not fixed I will put you in contact with complaints management, and the rapid response team emailing those addresses should only be done once normal channels have been used and failed and a reasonable time frame has lapsed otherwise they lose their effectiveness and they will revert you back to the normal channels. I used normal channels for two weeks before attempting to email senior management.

Kept a record of all communications all the escalation numbers, before emailing. Sadly I found the CEO's email address while working isn't his direct address and is routed via his executive assistant.Additionally I kept it civil only mentioned the facts and apologized for emailing them and thanking them for their assistance(It goes a long way being friendly, yes they screwed up, they were far more willing and prompt to assist). It took less then 30 minutes to fix the problem once the email got to the right people.

I know it's annoying having to use normal channels first, but has to be done unfortunately.

Stevewarren

@wizardofid I've had reasonable luck with the usual channels before it's just why can't they get these things right. Sounds like a legacy system they using that needs to be prodded and nudged to get working they need to change the way there data allocation and usage system works.

bobbytb

I tried
I'm quite pissed with this. tried a couple of times to get my account tranferred to a business one. I had all the necessary documents. The sales people insisted it would take more than a week for approval, and I would miss out on the Black friday deal because the cutoff was yesterday. I opted for the normal deals instead
Same here, I had everything on hand and the usual "system is giving an error" whilst processing my upgrade. They escalated it but I doubt I'll get the business package now.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller

Do you have an email of a sales person that will give the below deal or something similar ?

40 gig day (sharable)
40 gig night
150 minutes any network
500 minutes network
R299