Mtn black Friday rumor?

FlashSA

Executive Member
Guess tomorrow is D Day to see what allocations we all get for the BF deals.
If you have minutes and sms's left from the old BF deal, use them quick. Mine were all zapped away on the 6th when my new allocation of data came through

airborne

Executive Member
If you have minutes and sms's left from the old BF deal, use them quick. Mine were all zapped away on the 6th when my new allocation of data came through
I got this sms about my rolled over BF sms's:
Y'ello! Your remaining once off SMS bundle will expire in 2 days. If you load another once off SMS bundle you will be able to carry over your unused SMS.

Wonder if loading another small bundle will work and if it'll also work with all my remaining BF minutes?

FlashSA

Executive Member
Y'ello! Your remaining once off SMS bundle will expire in 2 days. If you load another once off SMS bundle you will be able to carry over your unused SMS.

Wonder if loading another small bundle will work and if it'll also work with all my remaining BF minutes?
Wish the Bunts had given me that warning! I have used the included sms's to quick message customers over the last 2 years (faster than adding a whatsapp contact for a once off push message)

airborne

Executive Member

I loaded a R5/15 sms bundle and the expiry date of all my sms's incl the 350 remaining BF sms has now been moved 2 months up, so that works.

I'm just trying to find a cheap 30day voice bundle so I can hopefully save my remaining 180 BF minutes, any ideas anyone?

There doesn't seem to be any all network bundles only Mtn to Mtn voice bundles and buying one of those showed it as a separate item to the all net BF minutes.

Lostboy

So here are my new data allocations

Daytime = 100gb + 67gb (carried over from last month, I was under the impression they only carrying the non promotional data over, which would've meant only 50gb should have been carried over?) I ain't complaining though.

Night Time data is correct at 100gb, however I still had 27gb of the night left from last month which never carried over. This should have been non promotional data as the promotional data depletes first as I understand.

Midnights_Ghost

All my bundles got loaded correctly for the BF2018 deal but since last week I keep getting an SMS every few days saying I'm using data at OOB rates yet I have 50+ gigs :/

Screenshot_20190112-083912_Messages.jpg

wizardofid

Executive Member
So here are my new data allocations

Daytime = 100gb + 67gb (carried over from last month, I was under the impression they only carrying the non promotional data over, which would've meant only 50gb should have been carried over?) I ain't complaining though.

Night Time data is correct at 100gb, however I still had 27gb of the night left from last month which never carried over. This should have been non promotional data as the promotional data depletes first as I understand.

Kindly note Night Express data as a whole is promotional data, which doesn't carry over.So there is nothing wrong there. On average I use about 2 gigs night express a week and try and use all of it in the last week before expiry.

Still had some 3.60gig left over on night express and 2 gig on anytime data, (December was quite hectic :D)

naasier

Heads up if your data share isn't working- yet a new Sim from mtn.
I had endless problems with data share since November 2018. Mtn couldn't figure it out. Every time I would be told that they are going to reset the Sim on the network and after the fifth time I lost it and put in a complaint (nothing happened and still waiting for a reply email) . Bought a new Sim at checkers and that didn't work. Bought another one from mtn and that ended up working.

Lostboy

Kindly note Night Express data as a whole is promotional data, which doesn't carry over.So there is nothing wrong there. On average I use about 2 gigs night express a week and try and use all of it in the last week before expiry.

Still had some 3.60gig left over on night express and 2 gig on anytime data, (December was quite hectic :D)
Thanks bud :)

Midnights_Ghost

I had endless problems with data share since November 2018. Mtn couldn't figure it out. Every time I would be told that they are going to reset the Sim on the network and after the fifth time I lost it and put in a complaint (nothing happened and still waiting for a reply email) . Bought a new Sim at checkers and that didn't work. Bought another one from mtn and that ended up working.
A normal prepaid SIM?

airborne

Executive Member
My Datashare also wouldn't work when trying to activate it via the Mtn shop/call center/Ussd, then I installed the Mtn app on the phone that has the master sim on it, enabled Datashare there, added the a prepaid sim number to Datashare and worked straight away.

Last edited:

Awesum

Expert Member
I can't get data share to work on a business made for me contract. I get the SMS that the number has been successfully added but the other number still has no connection.

King_Qwerty

Hi

Does any1 know for how long does the MTN recurring data last for if it's carried over?
Like when will the carried over data expire

Thanks in advance

airborne

Executive Member
Hi

Does any1 know for how long does the MTN recurring data last for if it's carried over?
Like when will the carried over data expire

Thanks in advance
2 months, so data issued in Jan will expire end of February.

Azimuth

Expert Member
Popped into my local MTN shop yesterday and all the BF deals are still being offered (old BF customers only).

Now using DataShare across 7 SIM cards. So incredibly handy. Even if you ask an MTN sales person to activate your prepaid SIM, be sure to do it yourself...DataShare will not activate until your number has been issued and a price plan confirmed (both SMS).

chickenbeef

Executive Member
My sisters BF 2016 deal was supposed to have ended in December but she's still getting the 50GB and 10000 minutes. Keen to see if she'll get it next month as well (she's not upgrading).

I wish I waited a bit longer before upgrading.

Last edited:

JOOS

My sisters BF 2016 deal was supposed to have ended in December but she's still getting the 100GB and 10000 minutes. Keen to see if she'll get it next month as well (she's not upgrading).

I wish I waited a bit longer before upgrading.
Still getting the 100GB? Did you mean 50GB?