Mtn black Friday rumor?

Azimuth

Expert Member
Popped into my local MTN shop yesterday and all the BF deals are still being offered (old BF customers only).

Now using DataShare across 7 SIM cards. So incredibly handy. Even if you ask an MTN sales person to activate your prepaid SIM, be sure to do it yourself...DataShare will not activate until your number has been issued and a price plan confirmed (both SMS).

chickenbeef

Executive Member
My sisters BF 2016 deal was supposed to have ended in December but she's still getting the 50GB and 10000 minutes. Keen to see if she'll get it next month as well (she's not upgrading).

I wish I waited a bit longer before upgrading.

Last edited:
My sisters BF 2016 deal was supposed to have ended in December but she's still getting the 100GB and 10000 minutes. Keen to see if she'll get it next month as well (she's not upgrading).

I wish I waited a bit longer before upgrading.
Still getting the 100GB? Did you mean 50GB?

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
Popped into my local MTN shop yesterday and all the BF deals are still being offered (old BF customers only).

Now using DataShare across 7 SIM cards. So incredibly handy. Even if you ask an MTN sales person to activate your prepaid SIM, be sure to do it yourself...DataShare will not activate until your number has been issued and a price plan confirmed (both SMS).
So whats the process for data share

do you buy a sim and then ?

rodga

Executive Member
What are the deals again? Thinking of taking the business deal. 199 30gb and 100mins. But need like 200 mins, data not important - would to keep it below R200

Azimuth

Expert Member
So whats the process for data share

do you buy a sim and then ?
You a buy a prepaid SIM at MTN for R3.50 and then activate it in a feature phone (or smart phone I guess). The SIM will not activate in a router and must be switched on in a phone. (Note that MTN did this for me last week and somehow it failed...had to activate myself anyway)

You’ll get confirmation of your number and your price plan. At this point, the SIM is activated. Before this, DataShare will give you an error.

Use the MyMTN app, navigate to DataShare and add your newly activated number. You’ll get an SMS to the new number that DataShare was successful.

Last edited:

Nadir

If you look at the screenshots shared of the deal you'd notice 150min anytime, and 500 bonus minutes, ie mtn2mtn is the 500mins
The deal they had on black friday had the 500 min as any network. I get a total of 650 min to any network. I think this one wont be any different

Suspect99

Expert Member
So is that deal only for people who didn't take a new black Friday deal on black Friday weekend?
Or can you only get it if you got the email