Mtn black Friday rumor?

rodga

Executive Member
Thanks guys, 2 numbers didn't get the mail and 1 number did so the consultant did all 3 anyways hopefully they all go through.

HoosenE

Any one got contact details for somebody high up at MTN, I upgraded on Black Friday, the consultant who helps me made a mistake and admits to it, I asked for the MYChoice30 he put me onto Mychoice10. When I realized the mistake he made I called back was told his on leave and only he can sort it out. Called him again after 10 days he acknowledged the mistake and told me he will sort it out.
It’s gone 2 weeks since that call, when I try to call him he doesn’t answer, when I call the call centre all they say is they will email him to call me?
Tried yesterday to get hold of his supervisor was told she will return my call nothing happened

wizardofid

Expert Member
Any one got contact details for somebody high up at MTN, I upgraded on Black Friday, the consultant who helps me made a mistake and admits to it, I asked for the MYChoice30 he put me onto Mychoice10. When I realized the mistake he made I called back was told his on leave and only he can sort it out. Called him again after 10 days he acknowledged the mistake and told me he will sort it out.
It’s gone 2 weeks since that call, when I try to call him he doesn’t answer, when I call the call centre all they say is they will email him to call me?
Tried yesterday to get hold of his supervisor was told she will return my call nothing happened
You will need to search this thread, I think from page 134 odd all the emails of management are some where is this thread.Or you can just search my profile you should eventually find them

ebendl

Expert Member
Anyone else see the emails about no sms and minute bundles being offered on the mtnchoice packages?
Yes. Pretty irritated and upset with this - the bundles were one of the reasons I chose this package. Planning on phoning them and making a scene - I'm not sure I want this without the bundles.

I'm on the 10 GB package.

dlevine

Yes. Pretty irritated and upset with this - the bundles were one of the reasons I chose this package. Planning on phoning them and making a scene - I'm not sure I want this without the bundles.

I'm on the 10 GB package.
Whatsapp calling for me now.

ebendl

Expert Member
Whatsapp calling for me now.
The contract is my wife's. She will try Whatsapp calling once or twice but if it keeps on disconnecting she will always revert back to a normal call.

Is it possible to use a contract with a different (say new) number? I still like the R99 I pay for 10GB a month but it's going to cost me a ton if I have to pay R2 a minute.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Yeah they are forcing My Choice customers into R2 per minute now. I'll probably make a plan to move my wife to dual sim with Telkom.

airborne

Executive Member
The contract is my wife's. She will try Whatsapp calling once or twice but if it keeps on disconnecting she will always revert back to a normal call.

Is it possible to use a contract with a different (say new) number? I still like the R99 I pay for 10GB a month but it's going to cost me a ton if I have to pay R2 a minute.
How can they retroactively do this, I'm assuming their T&C's allow it?

Contract planning revolves around all aspects of the contract, cost of add-on bundles incl. It seems they have removed all ad hoc bundles, you either pay the oob pricing or can possibly add bolt on voice packages to the month contract amount?

This can only be a money grab, very cynical move.

Luckily I went for one 30gb sim for pc/home data and datashared data from that to a prepaid sim for mobile use, where I can buy signature 30day voice bundles that give you 56c per min voice with per second billing.

ebendl

Expert Member
From
How can they retroactively do this, I'm assuming their T&C's allow it?

Contract planning revolves around all aspects of the contract, cost of add-on bundles incl. It seems they have removed all ad hoc bundles, you either pay the oob pricing or can possibly add bolt on voice packages to the month contract amount?

This can only be a money grab, very cynical move.
That's why I'm upset - they basically said that they no-longer allow any voice or SMS bundles on these contracts.

And that's why I'm going to phone and complain -- I did take into account the price of a voice bundle when I decided to take out the contract. Were they not available I wouldn't have taken this contract.

m3z

Got the e-mail as well. I'm on the Mtn MyChoice 30GB @ R299pm with double & bonus data (60GB day / 60GB night).

Will phone them tomorrow to change my package to the other R299 Made for Me M package with 650mins, 91GB & 100 SMS's. If they refuse, I'll cancel my contract.

Dick move MTN, dick move.

Suspect99

Expert Member
Got the e-mail as well. I'm on the Mtn MyChoice 30GB @ R299pm with double & bonus data (60GB day / 60GB night).

Will phone them tomorrow to change my package to the other R299 Made for Me M package with 650mins, 91GB & 100 SMS's. If they refuse, I'll cancel my contract.

Let us know what they say. I'm thinking of doing the same

airborne

Executive Member

Can't see that happening unfortunately, it's either cancel and pay through the nose in fees or carry on as is.

Why would they do something like this, even if its price gouging, makes no sense to penalise existing customers. They obviously don't want people to use these packages for voice for some reason, could there be some technical reason?

Last edited: