Mtn black Friday rumor?

sand_man

Honorary Master
It's a bloody disgrace quite frankly. They fundamentally changed the dynamics of the package. How many subscribers renewed over black friday on the pretense that they would be able to buy bundles? Unethical corporate bullying IMHO! Stinks!!

akescpt

Honorary Master
Sucked us all in with a bait and switch. Underhanded. This must have been the strategy all along. Get as much renewals as possible then hit us with this kak.

airborne

Executive Member
What is the actual situation with these contracts, no more voice bundles at all, ad hoc or bolt on, all calls billed at R2/min per sec billing?

What happens to current bolt on voice bundles if that is the case with anyone?

brianj74

Is anyone still able to data share? I can't since last week... customer care says I can't share that type of data bundle? Worked the last 3 months...

On the 199 package with 20 gig and 300 minutes, 1k sms'

airborne

Executive Member
Is anyone still able to data share? I can't since last week... customer care says I can't share that type of data bundle? Worked the last 3 months...

On the 199 package with 20 gig and 300 minutes, 1k sms'
My dualsim stopped getting data a day or 2 ago, anyone else get that?

ebendl

Expert Member
Boy looks like MTN messed up a lot!

What is the actual situation with these contracts, no more voice bundles at all, ad hoc or bolt on, all calls billed at R2/min per sec billing?

I loaded bundles earlier this month (before the email) and they are still there. My guess is from a certain point you will no longer be able to do so.

But yeah, your first sentence is correct. They're basically saying this type of contract is not supposed to be for any phoning -- and if you do then you pay through your nose for this.

eehellfire

Executive Member
It's a bloody disgrace quite frankly. They fundamentally changed the dynamics of the package. How many subscribers renewed over black friday on the pretense that they would be able to buy bundles? Unethical corporate bullying IMHO! Stinks!!
I've been on the phone for a lot of the morning with MTN.
I've asked to cancel my contract with no termination fee since they've unilaterally changed a fundamental aspect of the way the contract works. Awaiting feedback, but the Retentions guy (who was very helpful) has not been briefed on the change (I had to send him the email that I received from MTN) and he's now in contact with the MTN Marketing department to find out what are the next steps.

Boy looks like MTN messed up a lot!

I loaded bundles earlier this month (before the email) and they are still there. My guess is from a certain point you will no longer be able to do so.

But yeah, your first sentence is correct. They're basically saying this type of contract is not supposed to be for any phoning -- and if you do then you pay through your nose for this.
Email says from 8 March

eehellfire

Executive Member

No bundles at all, calls billed at R1.99 per minute (up from R1.20).
See the email screenshot:
MTN.JPG

eehellfire

Executive Member
Got the e-mail as well. I'm on the Mtn MyChoice 30GB @ R299pm with double & bonus data (60GB day / 60GB night).

Will phone them tomorrow to change my package to the other R299 Made for Me M package with 650mins, 91GB & 100 SMS's. If they refuse, I'll cancel my contract.

Dick move MTN, dick move.
Where did you see that special?

ebendl

Expert Member
I've been on the phone for a lot of the morning with MTN.
I've asked to cancel my contract with no termination fee since they've unilaterally changed a fundamental aspect of the way the contract works. Awaiting feedback, but the Retentions guy (who was very helpful) has not been briefed on the change (I had to send him the email that I received from MTN) and he's now in contact with the MTN Marketing department to find out what are the next steps.

Email says from 8 March
Let us know once you know something.

m3z

Got this in my Inbox this morning. Good deal.

View attachment 610520
Here's the January Made for me package I want MTN to change me over to. Spoke to 3 different consultants but they had no idea what I was talking about (regarding the voice tariff change on MyChoice contract). Will either go in store to MTN to sort this out or wait another week before phoning in again.

rutger25

I went to the big MTN service store in Brooklyn. The consultant said that the change does not apply to the black friday promo clients - only to new contracts. That's what head office told them

ebendl

Expert Member
I went to the big MTN service store in Brooklyn. The consultant said that the change does not apply to the black friday promo clients - only to new contracts. That's what head office told them
Mmm I'm not so sure.

There was a lot of very specific "previously Black Friday customer" special emails, very specifically tailored to individuals.

Now all of a sudden they blast everyone with the same contract with the same email and expect us to know that this doesn't apply to us?

dlevine

Mmm I'm not so sure.

There was a lot of very specific "previously Black Friday customer" special emails, very specifically tailored to individuals.

Now all of a sudden they blast everyone with the same contract with the same email and expect us to know that this doesn't apply to us?
I cant purchase and call bundles at present on the mychoice 30 gb bf deal.