Mtn black Friday rumor?

wizardofid

Executive Member
R10 is minor in the grand "scam" of things got an email last month mine was going up R15 for both contracts.It's still cheaper then what I paid afrihost and the amount of data.

airborne

Executive Member
R10 is minor in the grand "scam" of things got an email last month mine was going up R15 for both contracts.It's still cheaper then what I paid afrihost and the amount of data.
It's principle of it, if it was month to month with no penalty to cancel then different story, is there anything to stop them from jacking it up by R50 next time if they so decide?

I wonder how they would respond if I said I only had R290 to pay each month?

Tovad

Surely they cannot disagree if you tell them that you can only afford that amount but that you understand that their "costs" have gone up.

Therefore tell them that you would be happy if they offer you pro-rata less data i.e.
New Data Allocation = Old Data allocation * (Old Price/New Price)

But I suppose they may tell you that their increase is because of non-data delivery services...

Last edited:

Lostboy

Nah installed a new rom and cannot get internet access. Tried the standard àpns. But it's not working
Yep, the unrestricted APN is MTNVPN, but like said above you will have to call the data call center, to request. Think the number is 083 1555 or something like that.

But why a unrestricted APN for a new ROM?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Damn it man, so fcked off with MTN right now!!! Last couple of days I bee trying to top up my Anytime minutes!! Apparently this option has been removed from the MTNchoice contracts! It's now a MTNchoice data package only, and doesn't qualify for anytime minutes and/or sms bundles! WTF man?!!

wizardofid

Executive Member
Damn it man, so fcked off with MTN right now!!! Last couple of days I bee trying to top up my Anytime minutes!! Apparently this option has been removed from the MTNchoice contracts! It's now a MTNchoice data package only, and doesn't qualify for anytime minutes and/or sms bundles! WTF man?!!
I still have it on my menu when dialing *136*2#

ShaunyCT

It's principle of it, if it was month to month with no penalty to cancel then different story, is there anything to stop them from jacking it up by R50 next time if they so decide?

I wonder how they would respond if I said I only had R290 to pay each month?
I agree with you.

Lets say you have a lease agreement of R10000/month... then 2 - 3 months later it turns to R10200/month....

What will you do?

It's the same principal that applies here. We All sign a contract for Rx amount, then later they change it to Rx+y. Although they might tell you its in the contract, they should have made us aware of it.
These big corporates need to be taken to task about their contract changes. We should not let this go.

Mine only went up with R35, Its Vodacon though, but never the less, I will take this further.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I still have it on my menu when dialing *136*2#
me too but when I try and purchase it says not compatible with your package!! I'm highly aggravated by this! That's a fundamental change in how these contracts are administered. I subscribed on the basis that I would be able to purchase anytime minutes when and if I needed them!!

marioat1

Expert Member
Aah you went for early offers, glad I stuck it out till the birthday offer

HoosenE

Hi not related to Black Friday deals
But any help will be useful..
If I am on MTN prepaid will I be able to Roam out of the country?