Mtn black Friday rumor?

floatpoint

I have the R299pm 60GB Anytime +60GB Night package. Is anyone still seeing value in this package? I am almost certainly going to cancel year end once the contract is up unless they come up with something matching Rains uncapped R480pm package (also benefit is that I wont be locked into a 2 year contract).

The original 2016 deal was unbelievable and I dont see why such a deal is not standard in 2020. People still gawk today when I tell them about that deal as nothing currently offered has come even remotely close.

To be fair though, MTN's network is rock solid, and I've had maybe 2 or 3 connection issues in the last 3 and half years.

Just curious as to what other offerings are out should one choose to cancel?

phant1m

@floatpoint I use the same deal and mostly fine. Hopefully by year end we will have some awesome new deals to work with. I like MTN LTE for my home wifi as really fast. RAIN etc are quite slow in the area.

Suspect99

Executive Member
I have the R299pm 60GB Anytime +60GB Night package. Is anyone still seeing value in this package? I am almost certainly going to cancel year end once the contract is up unless they come up with something matching Rains uncapped R480pm package (also benefit is that I wont be locked into a 2 year contract).

The original 2016 deal was unbelievable and I dont see why such a deal is not standard in 2020. People still gawk today when I tell them about that deal as nothing currently offered has come even remotely close.

To be fair though, MTN's network is rock solid, and I've had maybe 2 or 3 connection issues in the last 3 and half years.

Just curious as to what other offerings are out should one choose to cancel?
Rains signal is terrible in some areas whereas MTN is solid

Duke of Hazard

@floatpoint If I may ask, what was that deal? 50gb + minutes for like R249, I cannot remember? I upgraded when my contract was due to 100gb+100gb for R479 and it dawned on me earlier today that it may not have been that great of a deal.

Starting to shop around now for the next best option come July 24th when I'm due for another upgrade on that same contract from 2016, fingers crossed its more than 100gb

Duke of Hazard

Also these fixed LTE offers that are also MTN through Web Africa, Axxess and MWEB don't seem to be performing as well as the legit ones direct from MTN, a few months away from 4 years and 3rd upgrade from the original 2016 BF deal, never days issue with speed or signal that wasn't due to a massive electrical storm or similar

airborne

Honorary Master
And some areas Rain is hectically over subscribed and pitifully slow, especially at night.

My MTN contract also allows datashare which is a huge value, I run my main number prepaid and then piggyback on the bf contact for data, I have 4 datashares, 1 phone 2 tablets and 1 laptop. It is insanely convenient to be able to natively access the data over 5 devices, all concurrently.

Also the MTN coverage is outstanding and you can use the sim anywhere, no geolock.

floatpoint

@floatpoint If I may ask, what was that deal? 50gb + minutes for like R249, I cannot remember? I upgraded when my contract was due to 100gb+100gb for R479 and it dawned on me earlier today that it may not have been that great of a deal.

Starting to shop around now for the next best option come July 24th when I'm due for another upgrade on that same contract from 2016, fingers crossed its more than 100gb
For R150pm X 24 you got; 50GB Anytime Data, 200 sms, 200 any network minutes (which carried over, if I recall correctly), 10000 mtn2mtn minutes.

For me atleast it was an all in one deal (At the time, more data than I could use, more sms's than I could send and more minutes than I needed). Not a bad deal for R3600 over the 2 years.