Mtn black Friday rumor?

citizensa

View attachment 957811

Will i be able to use the sim card inside on a B315 router? the consultant i spoke to didnt have an idea. On the brochure it is written “Device and SIM locked for 24 month”

Yes you can use the sim in any device but the device provided with this deal is network locked and cannot be used with any other network sim, only MTN sim will work in the device

Duke of Hazard

They seem to be correcting the Outstanding amounts, mine has gone down but hasn't gone away.

R1200 odd from a normal R469. current bill standing at R50 or so which I believe could be quite correct on my current package.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Yes you can use the sim in any device but the device provided with this deal is network locked and cannot be used with any other network sim, only MTN sim will work in the device
So if we have the B315.. Do we still have to take their router? Will it be cheaper without their router.. Or should I just sell my b315 and use theirs?

wizardofid

Executive Member
So if we have the B315.. Do we still have to take their router? Will it be cheaper without their router.. Or should I just sell my b315 and use theirs?

No you should keep the b315, better signal, better wifi, it is a mifi device, it is a pocket size router with a battery. no lan ports and features pretty limited. Basically entry level router. You don't have much choice, in the matter comes with the router.

Last edited:

RVR

Expert Member
Mtn speeds is good in this area, i want that 500gig deal badly but not sure if it will come through

JLo Human

And so my contract expired Saturday and no call from the emailed persons yet. Now I am in the hands of MTN regarding that bill. I do however see that I now have a credit amount with them. Wonder if they are going to offset that insane bill with a credit amount then we only pay the normal price? A glimmer of hope is that somewhere I have been told to upgrade before my next billing date which will be the 12th. So here is me hoping :)

ebendl

Expert Member
OK I spoke to Samuel this morning, on the normal contract upgrade channel.

HE did find the 50GB + 50 mins + 50sms @ R199/month offer, so I was happy. It is btw a Made for me XS contract, so it only comes with 500MB anytime + 500MB night time data, which I assume is the only bundle that can be data shared.

Then he cautioned me that it is a 36-month contract, so I asked about the cancellation policy. He indicated that it changed sometime last year, and is now the remainder of the months left, even for SIM-only contracts. This is news to me?

I then asked if there was a 24 month options, but he indicated that it was a retentions offer, so I need to speak to them. Now in the queue to speak to them.

ebendl

Expert Member
They not the same?

I don't think so?

You phone 135, then press 3 for "Upgrades and cancellations". Then 1 for upgrades and 2 for cancellations (which is Retensions).

Then you get a message saying that the retentions department's business hours have changed, which I definitely didn't get when I chose normal upgrades the first time around.

Neo_X

Expert Member
OK I spoke to Samuel this morning, on the normal contract upgrade channel.

HE did find the 50GB + 50 mins + 50sms @ R199/month offer, so I was happy. It is btw a Made for me XS contract, so it only comes with 500MB anytime + 500MB night time data, which I assume is the only bundle that can be data shared.

Then he cautioned me that it is a 36-month contract, so I asked about the cancellation policy. He indicated that it changed sometime last year, and is now the remainder of the months left, even for SIM-only contracts. This is news to me?

I then asked if there was a 24 month options, but he indicated that it was a retentions offer, so I need to speak to them. Now in the queue to speak to them.

very weird, during my telephonic upgrade on saturday ( Viva Mpho!), it was clearly stipulated that sim-only upgrade can be cancelled with only a penalty of one month's premium.

ebendl

Expert Member
very weird, during my telephonic upgrade on saturday ( Viva Mpho!), it was clearly stipulated that sim-only upgrade can be cancelled with only a penalty of one month's premium.
Could it be different for different contract types?

What did you get, what length and was it via Retensions or normal upgrade channel?

ebendl

Expert Member
Yeah Samuel is confused.

I hope so! He "looked it up", and very specifically said that the sim-only contracts are now in line with the handset contracts in terms of cancellations.

But hey, that's why I'm going to talk to the Cancellations department, one would hope they know that better. :p