MTN Black Friday Specials

wizardofid

Executive Member
This where you phone them up and try and haggle for a better deal, these are the public deals, retention deals are more then likely going to be much better. I know for a fact they have a 240gig any time deal for upgrades at R299.00.MTN rarely has good deals for new clients but upgrades is a free for all, and often the longer you have been a client the more likely you will be able to twist their arm.

Still going to hold out till March, then I can cancel of the contracts, but one of them has been up for renewal for the better part of a year and a bit, but there really hasn't been any thing worth while, it is only R60 bucks but more then willing to wait it out till next bf if there isn't any thing worth while use to the sim in my tablet in an emergency for internet access when needed in the power outage or whatever.Really no rush.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
This where you phone them up and try and haggle for a better deal, these are the public deals, retention deals are more then likely going to be much better. I know for a fact they have a 240gig any time deal for upgrades at R299.00.MTN rarely has good deals for new clients but upgrades is a free for all, and often the longer you have been a client the more likely you will be able to twist their arm.

Still going to hold out till March, then I can cancel of the contracts, but one of them has been up for renewal for the better part of a year and a bit, but there really hasn't been any thing worth while, it is only R60 bucks but more then willing to wait it out till next bf if there isn't any thing worth while use to the sim in my tablet in an emergency for internet access when needed in the power outage or whatever.Really no rush.
Who to f are you going to phone?

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
is this a rhetorical question ? rarely have issue calling them up my wait time has never been longer then 5 minutes. the 083 number they have.
So you are going to "haggle" the call center agent for better deals?

wizardofid

Executive Member
So you are going to "haggle" the call center agent for better deals?
Well I have done it before. Works pretty well.

You call them up, give them the number you looking to upgrade, ask them what offers there is for that number, tell them your are looking for sim only data or whatever. Generally tell them, that isn't a lot of data or the price isn't particularly good ect.
usually when you are polite and treat the call center agent with a little respect, they are a little more forth coming, and might offer a better deal, trust me they do have better deals but they won't offer it, right away, you do need to threaten a little that you will probably just cancel or wait, vodacom has better offers right now.

So yes you haggle a little and play hard to get, but being polite will go a long, long, long way, to getting a better deal. I would hazard a guess that your current attitude won't buy you any favors with them, and they will probably shut you down.

Moral of the story don't be an ass.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Well I have done it before. Works pretty well.

You call them up, give them the number you looking to upgrade, ask them what offers there is for that number, tell them your are looking for sim only data or whatever. Generally tell them, that isn't a lot of data or the price isn't particularly good ect.
usually when you are polite and treat the call center agent with a little respect, they are a little more forth coming, and might offer a better deal, trust me they do have better deals but they won't offer it, right away, you do need to threaten a little that you will probably just cancel or wait, vodacom has better offers right now.

So yes you haggle a little and play hard to get, but being polite will go a long, long, long way, to getting a better deal. I would hazard a guess that your current attitude won't buy you any favors with them, and they will probably shut you down.

Moral of the story don't be an ass.
Why are these deals not public? Are they reserved for employees?

wizardofid

Executive Member
Why are these deals not public? Are they reserved for employees?
Because mtn gets less money, it is a business after all, what is good for you, isn't necessarily good for them, mtn generally doesn't have restrictions on their deals, the vodacom deal in this thread, is restricted to the first 500 customers.They don't advertise these deals, if they do they are more likely having to add restrictions, it would also mean their long term or higher value clients might lose out on these deals and stand the risk of losing them.

So it isn't done with malice, you just have to ask for them, preferably nicely and in a polite manner.

cavedog

Honorary Master
This isn't a bad deal it's just not as good as the Vodacom deals so far so it feels like it's lacking. If you had a choice I don't think people will willingly take this MTN deal over a Vodacom deal. Let's see what else Vodacom has to offer this week.

Screenshot 2021-11-16 092413.png

Katelknaap

This isn't a bad deal it's just not as good as the Vodacom deals so far so it feels like it's lacking. If you had a choice I don't think people will willingly take this MTN deal over a Vodacom deal. Let's see what else Vodacom has to offer this week.

View attachment 1193798
R 269 for 100GB anytime data (I don't even take notice of night time or that other nonsense that's restricted use). Not nearly comparable to Vodacom's 300GB for R 299.

Katelknaap

At least it's better than their normal sim only data deals, ie 50GB for R 299 on the My MTNchoice 80GB price plan.

Katelknaap

the odds of you getting the deal is next to none however. pretty good bet it took less then an hour to for people to sign up to that deal.
Nope, the deal was still available until late yesterday. If someone missed it they can only blame themselves.