MTN CEO’s massive R28 million salary

kdub

Good for them! Take a lot to become a communication giant's CEO.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
These salaries make me ill. How much does the lowest paid worker at MTN earn?

Segg

Expert Member
Shouldn't we rather ask the question, does he deserve his salary? I'm sure the bottom paid workers salary is set by the industry standard pay for the position.

I really don't get why people who work hard and get paid well are always targets when their salary usually reflects their work and position, if the lowest paid worker shows promise and initiative, I'm sure they'd eventually move up the ladder

akescpt

Honorary Master
isn't mtn shedding customers like a dog sheds hair? waiting for mtn to increase contract rates...

nivek

Executive Member
i thought it was only whites that benefited from the economy
oh well
someones been lying to us!

Freaksta

Expert Member
Its a catch 22 situation. I would love to earn that, but we do need slightly better wealth distribution.

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
It's got to hurt when you're sitting at MTN HQ, told you don't deserve a bonus this year due to poor performance by the company, and then read in the paper that your top management of that same company paid themselves a bonus nevertheless

The reasons might be a bit more complex than that, but that's how it looks to the staff (so a few of them tell me)

Last edited:

marine1

Honorary Master
This is just their salaries, not share options etc etc etc etc correct?

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
This is just their salaries, not share options etc etc etc etc correct?
I'm not sure how share options not yet exercise are included in the mix. It's most likely in the financials

MTN Group president and CEO Sifiso Dabengwa took home R28.1 million in 2014, including a R13.3 million bonus and share gains of R3.5 million.
As people have indicated, much of this derives from investments outside of MTN SA

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Well there's a difference in skill. CEOs are paid more for a reason. The question should be whether the amount he earned is justified, especially considering the drop in earnings...

Zewp

Banned
"Waaaah waaaaah, WhatsApp is harming our profits!

Let me go buy a Ferrari to feel better."