MTN CEO explains why the company lost 2 million prepaid customers

system32

Expert Member
WASP income falling
Shuter added that MTN has also seen a large reduction in revenue from value-added services [WASP], with the group’s digital revenue decreasing by 42.5% to R1.4 billion in the first half of 2019
R2.8billion reasons per year to steal money from customers.
Like OOB data, no incentive to stop the theft.
ICASA are you listening?

rodmur

I left because I could not get them to stop sending me spam marketing messages

cueball

I never had disappearing data or any of the common crap folks complained about. When I got a phone that needed a nano SIM, I could not find one at 7 different places that sell MTN starter packs, including 2 actual MTN stores. Walked in to Cell C around 17:00 or so, sat down and told the dude what I want, walked out 5 mins later with a nano SIM and my number was active on the new SIM before 20:00.

SilverCode

...roll-out of its Ayoba messaging platform...“We have made a lot of enhancements to Ayoba. It has got instant messaging, image transfers, emoticons, channels, and we are going to integrate payments,”
Lol, MTN coming in with those fancy mid-2000's features. Mxit must watch out!

Seriously, they think an IM app is going to boost profit when facing the likes of WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram etc? They are clearly out of touch with reality.

Budza

Executive Member
Lol, MTN coming in with those fancy mid-2000's features. Mxit must watch out!

Seriously, they think an IM app is going to boost profit when facing the likes of WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram etc? They are clearly out of touch with reality.
Like CellC and their 'Black'.

Waste of time.

Lower prices, increase quality. We'll come.

mr_norris

Expert Member
They didn't lose this guy :cool:

To those complaining about the spam, I've been there, but I SMSed some opt-out number (or it could have been a USSD code?) years ago and it stopped everything.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
They didn't lose this guy :cool:

To those complaining about the spam, I've been there, but I SMSed some opt-out number (or it could have been a USSD code?) years ago and it stopped everything.
Doesn't work anymore. Still getting them.

Gazg

Got rid of Mtn 3 months ago after being a subscriber for 20 years, due to Mtns arrogant and shitty attitude........you are the weakest link, goodbye.