MTN Claims refusing to honour insurance claim

Buzz Mann

Good day all

I'm at my wits end. I did an online upgrade on my phone and the device, a P30 Lite, was delivered to my home.
I have been paying insurance on the contract since the upgrade in May last year. The screen is cracked and I want it repaired but MTN Claims are saying they only have the previous device on record.
I have been going back and forth with them with over 40 emails with documents but they are now insisting on me providing them with the delivery invoice from the courier service.
Its been a year and I obviously dont have those documents any more.
Can they not trace the device through the imei number to see that the device comes from them?
Any suggestions on moving forward would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rexter

maybe going into a mtn store will be better im sure they will have the delivery document linked to your contract.
talking to them over the phone is a waste of time they have useless call centre people

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Good day all

I'm at my wits end. I did an online upgrade on my phone and the device, a P30 Lite, was delivered to my home.
I have been paying insurance on the contract since the upgrade in May last year. The screen is cracked and I want it repaired but MTN Claims are saying they only have the previous device on record.
I have been going back and forth with them with over 40 emails with documents but they are now insisting on me providing them with the delivery invoice from the courier service.
Can they not trace the device through the imei number to see that the device comes from them?

Thanks
Send all the information to their compliane officer for short term insurance, it'll be there on the web. Also advise you need a official notification of repudiation and reasons for the repudiation as you are approaching the Ombudsman.
PS the Ombad approach will cost them in excess of R3000

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Good day all

Thanks
Stop paying for the device, considering they say it's not theirs.

Daruk

Honorary Master
MTN are notorious for having poor controls it seems.