MTN cuts off WBS, iBurst due to non-payment

Hein_JHB

This must be corrected like this:-

“This matter was argued before the South Gauteng High Court on Tuesday and Thursday last week [10 and 12 June 2014] and judgement will be delivered at 14h00 today [17 June 2014],” said Mokoena.

MickeyD

RIP
This must be corrected like this:-

“This matter was argued before the South Gauteng High Court on Tuesday and Thursday last week [10 and 12 June 2014] and judgement will be delivered at 14h00 today [17 June 2014],” said Mokoena.
Back To The Future :p

RichardG

Honorary Master
I seriously can't believe people still uses iBurst in SA... :confused:

Same here! If their prepaid offering was reasonable would have been with them but they way overpriced!
If I recall correctly Blu own shares in WBS.

MickeyD

RIP
Headline is a tad misleading.... this applies to SMSs originating from iBurst/WBS.

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert
Same here! If their prepaid offering was reasonable would have been with them but they way overpriced!
If I recall correctly Blu own shares in WBS.
Not Blue Label. The Levi brothers own shares directly in their own name.

iBurst (the technology) is one of those Betamax stories. When it launched, it was WAY better than 3G and some of the technology only now appears in LTE. But, they did not succeed to get market share and today pretty much only SA still use it.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Not Blue Label. The Levi brothers own shares directly in their own name.

iBurst (the technology) is one of those Betamax stories. When it launched, it was WAY better than 3G and some of the technology only now appears in LTE. But, they did not succeed to get market share and today pretty much only SA still use it.

Don't you mean YOU did not succeed in getting market share? :D

Electron1

Expert Member
Amazing how iBurst is still going. Someday soon the ship will sink, then we can all say "I told you so".

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert
Don't you mean YOU did not succeed in getting market share? :D
:)

Actually SA was the only success story with, globally, the biggest network. The rest of the world never took off.

But it had already come to R&D end-of-life at that point in time, i.e. would never go beyond 1Mb/s.

milomak

Honorary Master
ahh i burst. my first foray into broadband.

i will forever hold a soft spot for them.