MTN data and airtime bonus for Black Friday

SinghDude

Chief Sports Analyst
fscking systems are offline....i am waiting for Ian to call back :twisted:

Ecco

Executive Member
1200gb cyber monday, but basically a Mtnchoice +talk S with extras, those being 50gb a month and 10 000 mtn to mtn minutes.
?
The MTNChoice + S package only gives you 100 any network minutes as far as i can see. You mentioned 200? Can you confirm ?

I see no information on MTN's website about out of bundle rates? Anybody have information on this? MTN's website is so vague

Last edited:

nadimm

Expert Member
Anyone who has got the deal, can you please link (dropbox, drive) the T&Cs you received via email.

riscbroker

Expert Member
Anyone who has got the deal, can you please link (dropbox, drive) the T&Cs you received via email.

Maybe you can share the important details here - there's a lot of FUD regarding fair use policy/throttling/usage in a modem or data stick etc.

SPKloppers

Anyone figured out how to share the 50Gb data one receives each month? I was thinking of WiFI tethering with a router in bridge / repeater mode.. To no avail unfortunately.

Any success with this? I'd really like to use the 50Gb as Broadband ADSL alternative connected to a router.

riscbroker

Expert Member
Anyone figured out how to share the 50Gb data one receives each month? I was thinking of WiFI tethering with a router in bridge / repeater mode.. To no avail unfortunately.

Any success with this? I'd really like to use the 50Gb as Broadband ADSL alternative connected to a router.

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but I use a 3G wireless router/modem to connect other local users.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but I use a 3G wireless router/modem to connect other local users.

As well. Put mine in a Huawei B315 for wifi. Hooked up an old school analogue phone so I can use the included minutes too

SPKloppers

As well. Put mine in a Huawei B315 for wifi. Hooked up an old school analogue phone so I can use the included minutes too

Thanks for the suggestion Speedster.

Ideally I want to use the simcard with the included minutes in my phone and the data for the local devices(PC, tablet, chromecast etc.) without having to take out the simcard and inserting it in a LTE router the whole time.

Using an old school analogue phone is the closest to that from what I know thus far.

If only one could send or share the included minutes to another simcard(in phone) and keep the data on the original simcard(in LTE router). - Doubt if this is possible though.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
Thanks for the suggestion Speedster.

Ideally I want to use the simcard with the included minutes in my phone and the data for the local devices(PC, tablet, chromecast etc.) without having to take out the simcard and inserting it in a LTE router the whole time.

Using an old school analogue phone is the closest to that from what I know thus far.

If only one could send or share the included minutes to another simcard(in phone) and keep the data on the original simcard(in LTE router). - Doubt if this is possible though.

Dual sim does that but its a pain to get it activated

sand_man

Honorary Master
Dual sim does that but its a pain to get it activated

Yeah, jury seems to be out on whether dual sim is actually endorsed on these deals or not? Seems not, but you might be lucky enough to find someone's arm to bend...

SPKloppers

Yeah, jury seems to be out on whether dual sim is actually endorsed on these deals or not? Seems not, but you might be lucky enough to find someone's arm to bend...

According to the "MTN WoWza Wednesday Promotion" .pdf communication to the stores: "Dual call will not qualify for the free promotional value"

However, the normal minutes/data/SMS that one gets with the package should be shareable between two sims with the Dual call MTN service then?

Leaving one with only the 10 000 MTN to MTN free minutes on the "data" simcard(inserted in a LTE router). With Speedsters old school analogue phone hooked up to the LTE router one can still use those minutes.

Am i missing something?

Speedster

Honorary Master
According to the "MTN WoWza Wednesday Promotion" .pdf communication to the stores: "Dual call will not qualify for the free promotional value"

However, the normal minutes/data/SMS that one gets with the package should be shareable between two sims with the Dual call MTN service then?

Leaving one with only the 10 000 MTN to MTN free minutes on the "data" simcard(inserted in a LTE router). With Speedsters old school analogue phone hooked up to the LTE router one can still use those minutes.

Am i missing something?
I'm not sure one is able to share the call time and sms. My understanding is that only the data is shareable, but I could be wrong on that

playa-r

Has anyone managed to actually share the 50gb on this deal using data share. I've only managed to share the 500 mb that this deal comes with. The bonus data seems to be non shareable

sand_man

Honorary Master
Has anyone managed to actually share the 50gb on this deal using data share. I've only managed to share the 500 mb that this deal comes with. The bonus data seems to be non shareable

The 50gb isn't shareable. That's be confirmed already on a number of occasions.