MTN Data Share Not Sharing

korupta

I recently upgraded my MTN CONTRACT and intended to share the data with other simcards.
The data package is 400gb anytime data and 100gb promo data.I activated data share the MTN Number. The primary number is able to access the Internet but the numbers I've shared to are unable to access the Internet.
I understand that you cannot share promo data, but I have ample anytime data. It was working for the first 2 weeks but stopped thereafter. The secondary sims now just take me to a MTN landing page stating that I'm out of funds.

korupta

MTN are aware of this and working on it.
Thank you, are you also having the same issue?
This has been the case for the past 2 weeks, I've spoken 2 Instore agents (don't know what's going on), 7 call centre agents (logged 10 faults which were subsequently closed, however the issue was not resolved) and 3 social media representatives (1 who said that the issue was sorted, it obviously isn't)

korupta

MTN are aware of this and working on it.
Another bit of information that might help is that when I go to the app, it says that I am sharing 0gb. Can I change this or does that mean nothing?

Zedwhy123

@korupta follow the discussion on the link below. There’s an entire thread about this issue

Mtn black Friday rumor?

adrianZA

I recently upgraded my MTN CONTRACT and intended to share the data with other simcards.
The data package is 400gb anytime data and 100gb promo data.I activated data share the MTN Number. The primary number is able to access the Internet but the numbers I've shared to are unable to access the Internet.
I understand that you cannot share promo data, but I have ample anytime data. It was working for the first 2 weeks but stopped thereafter. The secondary sims now just take me to a MTN landing page stating that I'm out of funds.
Hi, did you ever get this resolved, I’m in exactly the same boat and was told by Retentions Dept 2 weeks ago that it would be sorted by 1 Feb and it’s not, Customer Services was very busy today and nobody on Upgrades line could transfer me to Retentions Dept