MTN denies it is stealing Vodacom staff

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
MTN denies it is stealing Vodacom staff

Competition is fierce between the two biggest mobile operators in South Africa, Vodacom and MTN.

The mobile operators are constantly improving their networks to outperform each other, and both are racing to offer consumer 5G services.

Johand

Expert Member
Wow - for once I am on MTN's side.

South African law should make restraint of trade agreements in job contracts illegal.

We don't have a big labour market so restraint of trade agreements has a chilling effect on the liquidity of our labour market. Employers should compete as hard for talent as they compete for clients.

California's example on restrained of trade (or absence there-of) is a good illustration that it is not required.

RandomGeek

I'm not a fan of restraints of trade for anybody below C-level.

And i have seen the standard Vodacom restraint of trade...believe me it is extremely broad. As in if you sitting on the toilet, wiping your ass while whistling Nkalakatha (and looking at your phone) YOU ARE IN BREACH. Basically covers all the countries Vodacom does business in, the complete Telecoms, IT and Broadcasting industries

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Too hell with restraints, you're loyal to whoever pays you the most. There is no honour among thieves. If it's loyalty that you want, buy a dog instead.